Resolution for repeated update failure

Hi,
In case you are using CIS V579 and you are stuck at certain AV definitions as AV updater refuses to update further, only resolution at this moment is to replace with latest complete base as explained under following post:

Where can i download the latest full AV database?
Please PM me if problem is still not resolved.

Thanks
-umesh

hello I got same problem I can not update from 3.13.126709.581 it`s stop on 30 % an feil update

I can not go back to another vertion . :frowning:

cobra

I think the servers was down or something. Using version .581 I couldn’t update either… Until recently. :-TU

Can you please tell what “Virus Signature Database Version” you have from About box?

Thanks
-umesh

I am currently using version 3.5.54375.427
Virus signature database 994.

I have not been on my computer for a week and when I started it up, it told me that Windows Firewall was reporting the COMODO I.S. virus signature is not up to date. I went to run the update yesterday 1/8/2009 and today and it keeps on telling me that the connection failed before it downloads anything. I have a dial access modem 56k and I am able to do other activities on the Internet before and after I get the message. I have restarted the computer several times, but to no avail.

I saw this past week that the update was stopped and restarted and people were able to update, but then I see other people have had problems beginning yesterday.

My system:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 Dell
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.4 GHz, 3 GB Ram, 32-Bit Operating system.

Thank you for your help on this,

buzz006

buss006,

You are running a VERY out dated version of CIS. Infact, your version is 12 versions old and virus updates have stopped for it a VERY long time ago.

Please uninstall and download the latest version here: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews-cis/comodo-internet-security-313126709581-released-t49566.0.html

Cheers,
Josh

I’ve had to uninstall CAV until some modest progress is made in a stable release. I think this month alone I have had to update CIS twice, required to download an entire new CAV definition and now I have had problems as described in this thread. I do hope things get better as its a pain at the moment.

Still though, thanks for a great product. Still using Defense + with the firewall.