ResFiles folder problem

I am trying to uninstall Comodo Firewall 3.0 so I can then reinstall it. I can’t delete the folder ResFiles. When I try I get the message “Cannot delete ResFiles: The directory is not empty”. I triued downloading fwconfig.exe. I followed the instructions, ie loaded it into C:\ ran it etc. But still can’t delete this folder. I can’t reinstall Comodo either. How can I dlete the folder?

Thanks
b ???

Hi b, welcome to the forum.

First of all, would you please link us to Comodo Firewall 3.0? I’m sure there are desperate beta testers who would love to get a hold of version 3. Joke aside, you must mean the database is v3.0 and the actual firewall version is 2.4.

The ResFiles can’t be deleted if it’s in use (i.e if CFP is running because of the Protect own registry keys and files from unauthorized modifications is on by default).

Try Pandlouk’s uninstaller: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5326.0.html

Hi

Yes sorry, 2.4 is the version.

I tried the uninstaller, but I still can’t delete that folder. Is there something else I can do to get rid of it?

thabks
b

Is CF already uninstalled, but you’re left with this “undeletable” directory? Have you tried rebooting in safe mode?

I suppose the official procedure is to install it on top of your existing setup, uninstall it, then re-install it again.