Rescue Disk Keeps Erroring

I keep running into an error when making the rescue disk.

How does that get fixed?

I am wrestling with the same problem and would also like an answer. I figure it’s either a program bug or malware interference. I managed to burn a rescue ISO to CD but didn’t realize it was outdated from 2012. And Comodo UI would not connect to my wifi to update definitions, it only gave a wired network option. We need easy access to the latest rescue ISO and the ability to update definitions after launch.

Hi Protected_PC,

Thanks for reporting. Could you please check your inbox and provided the requested logs for investigation.

Hi Protected_PC,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of CIS 12.1.0.6982. Could you please update and check whether the issue still exists, If so please report to us.

Thanks,
Mathi R

Hi Mathi R,

I have check for program updates every 1 day in settings. No update yet for my system. Also the thread Comodo Forum
for manual updates is still showing version v12.0.0.6882.

When I hit the update button, it says I’m up to date. I’m on version CIS 12.1.0.6882.

To update to CIS 12.1.0.6982, you will need to manually download the installer, export your current CIS config, uninstall the current version, install the new version and then import your previously exported config.

Updating using the UPDATE buttons in the current version (.6882 or lower) is not yet available.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen @panic,

Yes that helps but after following this path:
Comodo Internet Security - CIS >
News / Announcements / Feedback - CIS , there’s an announcement/link for version .6882 but not the latest. Would you please provide the link?

Thanks

Checking on it now for you. :slight_smile:

Hi Protected_PC & CommodoUser2019,

Sorry that erroneously I have mentioned CIS 12.1.0.6982 as the latest, it is our upcoming release. I’ll notify once the version gets released.

Thanks,
Mathi R

Quote from Comodo Staff Mathi R

Sorry that erroneously I have mentioned CIS 12.1.0.6982 as the latest, it is our upcoming release. I'll notify once the version gets released.

Mea culpa Commodouser2019. When Mathi mentioned it in another post, I assumed that it had been released or was imminent.

And now we can all see what assumptions do …

Ewen :slight_smile: