Request for help with connecting..

Hi there,

I’m having a lot of trouble connecting, so I thought I’d try posting details of my issue on the forum first before contacting tech support as I read that’s the best thing to try first…

Basically, I’m trying to connect to a private network in order to play games via a direct ip connection using Comodo Easy VPN. We were using hamachi for this but we needed a larger network than 16 people, so we’ve just recently transferred to Comodo… And now it’s just me that’s having problems :frowning:

When I initially installed Comodo Easy VPN I was able to connect fine to our private network and chat to other members (I think I could ping others too?) but don’t think I actually got to test playing a game with another member using my Comodo ip.

And now, I can’t even connect. I do the login and others on the private network see me connect briefly. I see others on the network, but cannot chat with them or ping them… Within about 30 seconds I’m booted back to the login screen, whereupon I cannot connect at all. -In fact, it’s at that point that I lose my internet connection altogether, and have to go and reset my modem and router to reconnect to the internet via the wireless connection I use.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo a few times now and uninstalled Hamachi with no success. I’ve currently got the latest version of Comodo I installed a couple of hours ago? from here:

• I’m using Windows XP Professional 2002 Version, Service Pack 3

The relevant other programs I’m running that I can think of are:

• Trend Micro Internet Security Pro Anti-virus and firewall
  • NTI Shadow automatic backup system

…So I’m not really sure where to go from here. Any advice?

Many many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

To add to the above, I’ve found that if I created a new account I was able to connect, where I was able to join our private network and ping/chat with another member (who’s using Windows 7) and play a game with him yesterday via our Comodo VPNs.

Then today I connected and it stayed connected for about half an hour until another member (the same one I’d played yesterday) tried to chat with me whereupon I was kicked out of Comodo and lost my internet connection (again).

After reseting my modem and router and re-establishing my internet connection, I attempted to sign back into Comodo whereupon it lets me in, but kicks me off almost immediately after and keeps trying to sign back in but failing (the same thing as happened before). (Even after rebooting my computer too).

So I created another new account, signed in, rejoined the private network and immediately added everyone there (about 20 or so members) to my contacts list. Then I was able to stay online and chat to the member who’d tried to contact me earlier and things seemed to be finally working…

Now, a few hours later after staying online, he’s tried to contact me again and I’ve been kicked off Comodo, lost internet connection and after re-establishing internet, can’t sign back into Comodo again.

So I’m really stuck for what else to do, short of reformatting my computer as a friend has suggested (which I really don’t want to have to do as I’ve got stacks of stuff to re-install if so)…