Reporting*:*Broadband2Go.exe+ NOT being recognized+BlackScreen=Disk defregment!

Hello My wireless connection BroadBand2go.exe by VirginMobile isn’t being recognized by Comodo Firewall! And neither is the adapter! WiMax Network Adapter! The firewall cannot detect Broadband2go.exe and create the rule for this application! However i am still able to connect to the internet(Without knowing if I am being fully protected!) Grc.com reports that all ports are being stealthed!?

Another problem is, after running disk defragmenter and then restarting machine I got the black screen! The only solution for the problem was going to safe mode and running the system restore!

Running XP SP3 Comodo firewall the latest version.

What version of CIS are you running? Can you provide us with the 4 latest digits of the version number? With 2813 the problem with the boot delay on Windows XP got fixed and should no longer be happening.

How did you install the CIS? Is it a clean install?

With 5.10 and with other versions in the past there has been a problem with detecting pppoe network connections. Do you know what connection type VirginMobile is using?

The test results from GRC may indicate that you’re receiving an IP address in a private range (typically 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y range) from your ISP. In that case you share one public IP address with a big group of users. GRC would then be probing your ISP’s router. In what range is the IP address that you get from your ISP?

Hi, Version is 6.1.14723.2813 I believe that when I ran disk Defreg that it had moved some files that Defense+ is protecting and caused the black screen!?? My IP starts with 70. and I do see DHCP trying to renew from 10.x

Can you post a screenshot of the D+ logs of around the time that happened?

My IP starts with 70. and I do see DHCP trying to renew from 10.x
What do you mean with DHCP trying to renew from 10.x?

Fixed quote structure

My IP keeps on changing from 68.x to 70.x and 173.x In Comodos Firewall log I can see that Comodo is blocking DHCP ip renewal and it is blocking 10.x ip/inbound! I am not sure if ISP’s router is protecting me but,when i installed the private firewall the other day I found out that some ports were just closed and not stealthed! Now,running Comodo Firewall all ports are stealthed!

You are getting IP addresses in public ranges and not in a private range. That means that GRC is probing your computer and not the ISP router.

Can you post a screenshot of the Firewall logs? I want to see what is happening when you say " In Comodos Firewall log I can see that Comodo is blocking DHCP ip renewal and it is blocking 10.x ip/inbound!".

I edited the quote structure in my previous post. Because of it you missed my question about defrag and boot delay. Coming to think of it. Can you start a new topic in Defense+ / Sandbox Help about boot delay and possible influence of running defrag.exe at boot. Handling two problems in two topics makes things easier to track.

In your new topic can you post a screenshot of the D+ logs of around the time the boot delay happened and a description of the events/ If the delay is caused is D+ blocking files it will show up in the logs. Does defrag.exe belong to Windows or to a third party tool?