Report trusted and whitelisted malwares here! [Don't attach Live Malware !!]

Hello vv5204,

Thank you for your submission. We’ll check these.

Best regards,
FlorinG

Hi!

+1

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=6371d8bf1e3f47974c338407f6dacf824fe0188ee8a99f20c617d9514a94c218-1294254226

Thanks and Regards,
vv5204

Hello vv5204,

Thank you for your submission. We’ll check this.

Best regards,
FlorinG

Hi!

Here is two VT link.

1.) Comodo says “Heur.Pck.Enigma” by Virus Total, but CIS 5.3 does not say anything on PC.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=a04cea5eb16ec63854c54d16658fe2d03bf88bb8c99fa3e2e52874e64953ae12-1294416694

2.) This is a digitally signed file and can be found on the TVL!

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=89f776398451f81f9859384c4a65a1a82875c855faf9ac7b2e2fd4bbda7f3b30-1294417018

Thanks and Regards,
vv5204

Hello vv5204,

Thank you for your submission. We’ll check these.

Best regards,
FlorinG

Hello vv5204,
This file is not malware,it is a stock trading software.
SHA1:9934a3653a0707f04f625433dd8560443a0cff4e
Thanks and Regards,
linmengze

Hello!

Seven anti-virus engine has detected malicious. Are these false positive detections?

Regards,
vv5204

paretologic incorparated most certainly should not be classed as a trusted software vendor.
Need proof.?
WOT gives it a red.
Youtube their site and their products and read the comments carefully.
Their products are dangerous and harmful .

Thanks for reporting that Darren.

Any direct links that explains why it’s not trustful will be more than welcomed.

Regards

there have been several people slamming their products saying its registry cleaner has damaged computers.
You cannot contact them only by e-mail.
Im not alone in condemning their products.
Xsoft antispyware another of their products has been criticised for containing malware.
Personally ive never tried their products but general opinion is they are unsafe.
By all means check out some of the youtube videos on them and their products.
I think the comments will say it all really.
But the choice is up to the individual.
And people who say paretologic products are safe…well i notice they arent using them.
People say regcure is safe…well why arent they using it then.?

Anyhow i deleted them from the list because i have enough faith in general opinion and the opinion is not good for the company or its products.

regards.

You need to take WOT with a grain of salt. The users voting may or may not actually know what the product is doing.

Of all the scanners on URLVoid, only WOT describes it as suspicious. (Also note, one of the scanners is a ParetoLogic product.

[attachment deleted by admin]

well WOT is powered by community ratings and so going by what you have just said community opinions and ratings are to be “taken with a grain of salt.”
Your not the only one that has defended this “company”
Of course if they paid comodo enough money they could get on the whitelist irrespective of being good or bad.That unfortunately is the world we live in.
Again people are defending them and yet not looking at any of the reviews of their products.
A lot of computers worldwide have been destroyed by their products.
The reviews say it all and if people want to dismiss these then that is their perogative.
All those people cant be wrong.
Ask the people whos computers have been rendered useless if paretologic is a safe company.
Then again those peoples opinions "can be taken with a grain of salt.!

Don’t get hasty, I’m not defending anyone. I know nothing about ParetoLogic. (In fact I’ve never even heard of them until you mentioned them)

I’m just saying that much like Wikipedia, a system that allows anyone to vote must be viewed with a certain amount of skepticism. Since URLVoid shows 14 clean scans and only one suspicious (WOT), this suggests judgment could be getting swayed by opinions instead of any actual malicious behavior. I’m not saying this is the case, I’m just saying that as the outlying result, this should be considered suspect. In any test, anomalies always raise an eyebrow.

Not true.

Please provide evidence to back up this accusation.

it wasnt an accusation.
If i believed that then i wouldnt use comodo full stop.
Although there are shady organisations within the computing world.
Anyway i dont trust paretologic as i consider their products harmful like most registry cleaners are,
Ive never thought comodo was a dubious company,on the contrary i saw melihs video on how comodo is superior and i love the product.
And i like melih very much too he seems a very genuine and passionate person about his goals for comodo and i believe he shall succeed.
Unfortunately like most things in life…if your good at what you do then there is always detractors who will try and bring you down.

also i must apologise to you if i appeared rude and discourteous.
But ive had a couple of bad things happen concerning registry cleaners and i dont like them.
I for one believe peoples opinions do count enormously and i base my opinion on paretologic purely on this reason.
im using the WOT because i dont know of any alternatives.

many kind regards to you.

Hi DARREN.1972,

Apart from what Chiron commented,

here is notes in support to what HeffeD pointed:

The topic was created for reporting “digitally signed malware that exists and/or may not yet be known to Comodo as far as I understand

It should be proven that it’s malware.
I doubt that community voting can play any role in determination and final verdict regarding that

You can have disasters consequences & ruined systems because of well known trusted Software
Those are introduced bugs in many cases in combination with some specific system (hardware/software) environments that were not taken into consideration; etc.

• take sytems ruined because of FPs (quite recently by Avast! Bitdefender…and others);
  • some installs/uninstalls causing BSODs, inability co connect and/or install other Software properly afterward (CIS can be included);
  • have a look at the set of other Comodo products (CDE/CTM/CSC)

Can users call that “malware” even being extremely frustrated? I don’t think so.

Well, probably many of such very troublesome Software can be called a “crapware”…
Then that is your choice: don’t use such Software or you can remove anything from the List of Trusted. Many prefer not using the latter at all and wiping it.

All that …. but not a “malware” yet until malicious intends were proven

My regards

Hi!

-Comodo by VirusTotal: “Heur.Packed.Unknown”
-CIS 5.3: undetected

VT link:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=9e993a6e595184195bde718445109e52704c33e41857ecfe67b6c896251ed844-1294652785

Thanks and Regards,
vv5204

Hi vv5204,

The issue will be fixed with following CIS virus database updates.

Thanks and regards,
Ionel

Hello salaficall,

This is already being checked.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/malware-using-signed-signatures-merged-topic-t66609.0.html;msg479245#msg479245

Best regards,
FlorinG