Report Problems With Valkyrie File Verdict Service

Currently the Advanced Heuristics on Comodo Valkyrie do not appear to be working either according to this error I get:

Advanced Heuristics: “The Advanced Heuristics system is too busy to query the result for you! Please try it later!”

After reporting this problem yesterday and testing it again, someone seems to have fixed this problem which as been happening for the last few days or so. :slight_smile:

Thank you,
-John Jr

This bug is now fixed. iv been in contact with hongzl about a couple bugs. This was one of them, he said that valkyrie wont show a report url unless it has a report now. The other bug that has been fixed was with the new VDD engine, if the user selectes to reanalyze a file VDD wouldnt reanalyze, it would show the last analysis. its now fixed. im going to ask if they could change the upload procedure to make it like VT where it checks the hash first then uploads if needed.

Thank you for the update Wasgij6.

-John Jr

No problem

Can you ask them how far are we from implementing Valkyrie into CAV?

Thats more of a question for egemen or idem but last i heard Melih said that idem was working out some problems with valkyrie marking files as safe and testing the whole infrastructure. There were a few other problems they were working out. It sounds like valkyrie might in the future mark files as good, this is just a speculation idk for sure.

Advanced Heuristics analysis takes long time to finish.
And sometimes it doesn’t finish at all.
This should be addressed ASAP.

I noticed that as well… +1

Is Advanced Heuristics working today?

And why sometimes CAV Verdict Tab under Dynamic Detection is missing i.e its not there?

Today Advanced Heuristics is taking very very long time to finish.

Usually when a detector engine is down/not working the valkyrie team is working on it. I just uploaded a couple files and the advanced heuristics seem to be working.

For me here, past 3-4 days advanced heur is not working i.e it keeps scanning, is it working for you guys?

no

Same here. :-\

Since they are still working with it (means with servers hardware, the whole infrastructure such a thing might happen).

Looks like everything is back up and running.

Try is now, everything seems to be working again.

Thanks for letting us know.

9 days later some of my submissions are still not analyzed by experts.
:-TD