Repeated Pop Ups to allow a program [RESOLVED]

Hello everyone. I have a rather small but VERY annoying problem. I’m using version 3.5.57173.439 of COMODO Firewall w Defence + and i keep getting repeated pop ups asking to allow certain programs that i HAVE already allowed in the past. As i type this I’m getting pop ups for “McAfee site adviser” that i know I’ve allowed in the past. Sometimes i go for 4 or 5 days without a single pop up then a rash of many many pop ups asking the same thing over n over again. If someone could shed some light on my problem it would be greatly appreciated as I’m getting so fed up with all these defence + pop ups I’m about ready to DUMP COMODO Defence + for ever.

G’day,

Are you certain the alerts were EXACTLY the same?
Did you make the application “trusted” or did you click ALLOW and REMEMBER?

If you clicked ALLOW with REMEMBER selected, the created rule applies specifically to the app and the exact circumstances described in the triggering alert.

If you made it a trusted app, then you shouldn’t be getting these alerts.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

i was wondering if this could be related to the file or program being updated or changed since i allowed it last?

That would be it. The program you originally allowed is not the same program after it has been updated, therefore it does not comply with the current ruleset.

This is another great way that CIS can notify you to changes on your system. In this instance, it is a benign change, but malware modifying a legitimate application would produce the same alert, thereby, hopefully, raising your hackles.

Hope this helps and hope you stay with CIS and D+.

Cheers,

i’ve set the pop ups to 5min so i’ll have more time to chk things out b4 i allow or deny stuff–n i guess i’ll keep better track of wen things update

Good idea to increase the timeouts.

I’ll lock this topic now as we’ve arrived at a solution. If you need it reopned, please PM a mod.

Cheers,