Renaming bookmark folders not allowed

Browser does not let renaming of bookmark folders.

(system: laptop, Windows XP sp3, version 21.1.1.0 installed)

Hi string_game,
Is this all folders or only some?
Is the rename button greyed or the rename doesn’t stick?
Do you use sync?
If yes, try disconnecting to eliminate it.

Problem is with all folders in the set of bookmarks. On the INSTALLED form of C D, open main dragon menu, choose Bookmarks, choose Bookmark Manager, right-click on a folder: the Rename item is NOT highlighted but dimmed. Same thing if I use the bookmark toolbar; that if I right-click any folder, the menu which comes up shows Rename… as dimmed, not highlighted. These items are not dimmed when found in the portable form of C D. (So seems to be a problem just in my installed version).

I do not know what “sync” is, so I guess I do not have this.

Hi string_game,
The default bookmark folders created do not have name change capabilities, but all other folders should have.
It appears to me as if something has corrupted itself in your bookmarks file or even possibly the bookmarks manager.

Please note: My following suggestions will remove all your browser settings/preferences and bookmarks.
Make certain that you have your bookmarks backed up to a HTML file.

No guarantee that this will work.
Create a new user profile, reconfigure your preferences and import your bookmarks from the previously exported HTML file.

If the above fails, try a new re-install with a new user profile.
Good luck.

I never had any C D user profile. I merely have an installed copy of Comodo Dragon and a portable copy of Comodo Dragon. Never made any profile.

Should uninstalling and reinstalling the installed copy of C D and individually setting each of the bookmarks and their folder arrangements be the only good remedy?

The user profile is created automatically from your installed version.
Please check my link above for instructions on how to get there.

Should uninstalling and reinstalling the installed copy of C D and individually setting each of the bookmarks and their folder arrangements be the only good remedy?
It could also be worth trying to copy/paste your folders and see if the new folder allows renaming. If this process works then you could delete the original duplicates.

That was a momentary defect. The later description which I gave about this is not reoccurring. C D has two necessary bookmark folders which cannot be renamed, and my copy also has an additional user-chosen named folder which CAN be renamed. This agrees with what captainsticks describes.

(We cannot rename the Other Bookmarks folder or the Bookmarks Bar folder)