Removal of TVL entries takes a long time in version 5.3.176757.1236

As you may know I don’t like the TVL at all. I refuse to trust anything in there except Microsoft components (for Windows updates etc) and Comodo itself.

As you may also know, the lastest CIS (v5.x) series updates the TVL during program upgrade which is something that really pisses me off and which should be able to be turned off.

Normally to remove entries from the TVL I start at the bottom, highlight the last entry and then hold “Alt+R” on the keyboard which is the same effect as hitting the “Remove” button multiple times per second, but far easier.

This worked fine for me all the way up though into version 5.3.175888.1227.

However upon update to version 5.3.176757.1236 just now I find that holding the “Alt+R” combo is nowhere near as quick as it used to be - now it puts the hourglass cursor for a short time and instead of removing many entries per second it’s now only removing 2 or maybe even 1.

What is going on here?

Has Comodo changed the way the TVL works or have they just done this to try to stop people like me removing entries by annoying the ■■■■ out of me? This really doesn’t make sense as removing entries from the TVL can only make the system more secure, if anything.

If that’s true, it’s working.

Bottom line is that I want to see some much better features for TVL management, such as removal of multiple entries at once, and an option to turn TVL updates OFF completely once the TVL has been customized to the user’s liking.

If something doesn’t happen soon I’m going back to CIS v4 or maybe jumping ship to Threatfire or something, because these “features” are really getting on my nerves.

+1. Just don’t “jump ship to ThreatFire”…read this first: http://www.kernelmode.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=586