Remote Printer Blocked [resolved]

I have a small 2 computer home network. I am testing CFP on one of the PC’s. This one does not have a local printer but prints to a printer attached to a USB port on the other PC. Whenever I attempt to print, the print job times out. As soon as I say “allow all” in CFP printing works fine. What do I do to fix this? I thought about a new zone covering all of the lan but isn’t that already in place through the default adapter zone which covers the lan? thanks for any help.

If Allow All works, then we know it’s a problem with CFP’s rule structure. Chances are, it’s with Network Monitor.

You have a Zone defining your LAN; this is good. Have you (in Security/Tasks) Defined a New Trusted Network? If not, you need to do so. This will add two rules to Network Monitor, at the very top. The first will Allow IP Out from Any to Zone; the second will Allow IP In from Zone to Any.

If you have already manually configured these rules using just the Zone, please make sure they are in positions ID 0 & 1.

You may need to Allow (in Application Monitor) the printer application interface, and the system’s printspooler access. You should get popups for the applications, though, to which you can respond Allow w/Remember.

Hope that helps,

LM

A new Trusted Network fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

Great, glad that took care of it! I’ll mark the topic as Resolved and close it. If you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link back here) and we’ll be glad to do so.

LM