Remote Desktop issues [Resolved]

I am attempting to remote desktop (through the internet, not on a local nework) to a machine running XP Pro and Comodo FW. I cannot get a response to the connection request no matter what I have tried. I have searched these boards but have still not solved it.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, with the firewall turned off I have no problems connecting from any location.

Thanks,
Pud

What does your logs say?

I got this:

Date/Time :2007-02-25 13:16:31Severity :MediumReporter :Network MonitorDescription: Inbound Policy Violation (Access Denied, IP = 68.15.111.49, Port = ms-rdp(3389))Protocol: TCP IncomingSource: 68.15.111.49:36127 Destination: 192.168.1.232:ms-rdp(3389) TCP Flags: SYN Reason: Network Control Rule ID = 7

It looks like rule 7 was set to block any IPPROT. I disabled this and will try again tonight. I will report back.

Thanks.

There’s the info you need. You need to allow the source IP address above and destination port TCP 3389 (remote desktop).

Do rules have to be established for each incoming IP? I want to be able to use remote desktop from various IP’s (some of which are not staticcally set).

Thanks,
Pud

Triplejolt,

Thanks for the help…that did it. As a matter of fact I sent this from a Mac using remote desktop. :BNC

Thanks,
Pud

Anytime Puddud.
Remember to make one entry per host that you want to connect from. Or an IP range if they are located on the same network.

Have a good one out there :slight_smile: