Release info not in synch

Comodo always has a problem updating the release info on the download website with the ACTUAL running version. WHY is this such a difficult thing to get correct? Inaccurate info cause problems for those of us who manually update.

Right now (according to the ABOUT info), I am running:

Product Version: 5.3.175888.1227
Copyright (c) 2004-2010 COMODO. All rights reserved.

BUT the website shows that the current version is:

Version 5.3.174622.1216: 29 December, 2010

???

Well spotted and a know problem that has been around for ages…

But no one knows WHY they can’t seem to get the info in synch?

That is a problem for several Comodo Products and has been for a while, and it still has not been properly corrected or explained yet. :frowning:

Maybe the Website Pages that show the current information for Comodo Products could be opened up like a Wiki or something, that a select group of Volunteers and/or Comodo Team members could keep up-to-date? :smiley:

Anyway, I am confused as to how this would be so hard to keep up-to-date, especially with all of us free jobless volunteers around here. :smiley:

I hope something is done, I remember having problems getting the latest versions manually for the Comodo Cloud Scanner, Comodo System Cleaner, and the Comodo Program Manager a while back/in the past; because of such an issue/this issue.

Anyway, thank you and keep up the hard work. :slight_smile:

i love comodo but i really feel like they are purposely ignoring anyone who addresses the tendency to be late on release notes for the current version. all we want is an answer as to why this happens regardless of whether or not it’s a good reason. the principal is we don’t want to feel ignored and right now i do and i’m sure i’m not the only one who feels this way. maybe we just aren’t being patient enough idk but we do want answers please. thank you for your time

comodo forever