Registration of Comodo BackUp.

I installed Comodo BackUp on my laptop with XP Home with SP2 and after installation I registered the software with the serial number sent to me.
However, when I log in as a non-admin user and check the license status it show as unregistered with XX days of trial left.

Welcome to the forums avasaralak.
The personal firewall was the same way when it was released as ver 1(has since been fixed).As a temp fix you can try entering your SN again while in the limited acct.This worked for me. Hope this helps, tim

Thank you for the welcome and the suggestion, infact that was the first thing I tried. However, it failed saying that I did not have sufficient privileges to activate the product.
I hope Comodo fixes this as they did with the firewall.

I’m not sure how much attention this issue will get here, but is there an email support link in the help file? If so , maybe let support know directly of this issue. Hope this helps,tim.

Hello,

Please send an e-mail to support@comodogroup.com and let them know of this.

Regards,

justin1278

I have sent two emails on this topic to backup@comodogroup.com hoping it would elict some response. I haven’t got any response yet.

It looks like the application checks for administrative rights. I changed the rights of my non-administrative account to administrator and the license status was shown as activated. It went to unactivated as soon as I removed the rights.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will try sending to support@comodogroup.com also.

Hi,

Could you tell me what email address did you use to send the request to support?

Garry Bickerton
Head of Global Support and Customer Care Manager

Speaking of the registration of it, when I try to do so, I get an error. The error is:

“Error : An error has occured. Error 2148270085 Please, contact Support”

Nevermind, CPF was blocking it from going online to activate.

I have the same problem but with Windows 2000 Professional SP4, and the problem is not because CPF at all. Can you help me resolve that problem, please?

Note: I have written a post about that two days ago and it was removed somehow! Can you explain why did that happen without even notifying me? :-[

Hi,

Please send the details to support@comodo.com

Garry Bickerton
Head of Global Support and Customer Care Manager