Regedit can't read Comodo reg keys - Other applications can.

V12.2.2.8012 (Firewall only) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (clean install with all MS-updates)

Regedit can’t read the Comodo registry keys and throws an error message window on the screen when trying to do so.
Other applications however are able to open all registry keys and to read the content of all keys, all Comodo keys inclusive.

Why can’t Regedit open and read the Comodo keys like other applications can?
How do I allow - or is there a way - to make Regedit open and read the Comodo keys too without having the error message?

Because regedit doesn’t open the key with read only access, it opens it with write access which is being correctly blocked as part of self protection, there is nothing you can do other than booting into safe mode.

Thanks futuretech.

I have no need to have write access to the Comodo keys but only read access. Like other users already reported, when searching through the registry with Regedit you might bump into this Regedit error message pop up which is inconvenient. If need be I’ll use other Regedit alike applications to search through the registry to avoid those Regedit error pop ups.

If I - forever what reason - ever need write access to those keys (I never needed it so it is highly unlikely) I will use Safe boot mode and go from there.