Red Circle With Bar Through It On Comodo Firewall Icon (Solved)

The only think i can think of is showing us a Hijackthis log from your PC.

avira would not block anything, spysweeper is another story. I remember reading something on here about spysweeper messing with comodo D+, but I could be wrong.

No you’re right 3.8 had issues with Spy Sweeper. Using both caused some system problems and endlessly long scan times, but 3.9 fixed that issue.

Here is the log for HijackThis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well the hijackthis log shows no runkey for cfp.exe i think this maybe the problem and no meantion of Comodo firewall helper service

Yes, I noticed. Should I try another reinstall? Why would it not show up when it’s in the System Tray? I am going to reinstall 3.5 and see what happens.

try installing in safe mode

also someone find a link to the Comodo support tool.

Here It Is

[attachment deleted by admin]

Okay guys, I uninstalled 3.9 and installed 3.5, which was the last working version I had. It is running without issue. The error from 3.9 does not occur in 3.5. My firewall is operating normally. When I reinstalled 3.9 the error repeats. If it were something blocking Comodo from loading shouldn’t it theoretically be blocked in 3.5 as well. The only changing variable is the firewall. Did the coding change that significantly from 3.5 to 3.9? I realize it happens with major releases, but it seems fishy that there would be a component blocked in one and not the other.

I’ve tried the 3.9 installation in safe mode. The issue still occurs. Is there something I’m missing here? Could there be another Spy Sweeper conflict in 3.9? They did just release the 128 build. I can certainly uninstall Spy Sweeper tomorrow and reinstall 3.9 to check. I can’t find any other conclusion here. Doesn’t seem as though anything else could be blocking it. No one else experiencing anything remotely similar?

Did you look for Comodo drivers under Non Plug and Play drivers in Device manager? Other than that I can’t think of anything else that might interfere.

I hope the devs pick up on this topic and suggest a remote session.

Yes, that was odd as well. In 3.5, there are two Comodo drivers in the Non Plug And Play. When I load 3.9 there aren’t any. I noticed this issue this morning. I’m assuming there’s something preventing the drivers from loading properly? I am going to remove Spy Sweeper and try 3.9 again now.

Okay, so far I think the new build of Spy Sweeper is the problem. I uninstalled and removed the registry entries,etc and reinstalled 3.9 and everything is working fine. So I guess I will have to roll back to build 110 of Spy Sweeper for now.

Ok so it was SS, I knew it had to be something. I personally don’t use more than one real time anything because the chance of them interfering is really high. Contact SS and ask them if they could resolve it.

Yes. The odd thing was that disabling it should have stopped any conflict. When you shut down Spy Sweeper at the system tray, it should no longer be running any processes. I understand they have been conflicting with quite a few utilities lately. I’m not sure what they are doing with their development. These last two updates are the first time there has been any trouble between the two. Seems Webroot is getting a little sloppy. Despite everything, it is a pretty solid program and I would like to keep Comodo and Spy Sweeper if possible. I can’t think of a better firewall to use. Anyway, I have contacted them and hopefully things will be fixed. Has anyone else had problems with Spy Sweeper and Comodo in Webroot’s new build? I did a search, but nothing popped up.

Not that I know, but some people might have figured it out by themselves. But the good thing is that your thread will be cached into google so if anyone searched for comodo spy sweeper problems it should pop up and help others.

What version of Spy Sweeper were you using? The latest? With the release of 3.9 there have been issues with Spy Sweeper fixed. May be something changed meanwhile on their end. This may be of interest for the devs.

Yes it was the latest. I know 3.9 fixed the scan issues and the slow system problems, but it appears Webroot has changed something yet again in 6.1.0.128. I emailed them to let them know of the issue, so I’ll let you guys know when they get in touch. I’m currently having trouble rolling back to the previous version because they don’t have links to the old releases, so I’m not running it at all right now.

here you go, remember ask and you shall recieve ;D

EDIT:

I actually checked those are still .128, but I am uploading .110 now, so give me a few more minutes. :smiley:

EDIT2: here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OWR6ZZHL

You are a lifesaver, my friend. Thank you. :wink:

A quick update on this problem. There is no bug in the Spy Sweeper program after all. The Windows Zero Configuration Utility was disabled in the services menu. Once I realized this and enabled it, the problem went away. I use Broadcom’s utility to manage my wireless, so I never checked. Both Spy Sweeper and Comodo are running fine with the latest versions. Thanks so much for everyone’s help! Webroot never contacted me and you folks were the only ones willing to troubleshoot the issue. Just out of curiosity, why does it need the Zero Configuration utility to run properly?