Recommend this Linux distro to your enemies..

http://www.damnvulnerablelinux.org/

■■■■ Vulnerable Linux (DVL) is everything a good Linux distribution isn't. Its developers have spent hours stuffing it with broken, ill-configured, outdated, and exploitable software that makes it vulnerable to attacks.

:smiley:

Na… Please don’t install this distro for someone else, its a distro for those who want to learn:

■■■■ Vulnerable Linux is the most complete training environment for IT security with over 500.000 downloads. It includes all tools you need ready to go. Additionally tons of training material and exercises are included. ■■■■ Vulnerable Linux works fine under Windows, Linux and Mac OSX using any virtual machine such as VMware, Qemu or KVM. You can let it run installed natively on a standard PC or even boot it from USB.
I thought it looks kinda cool.. But its nothing I will be testing..

I’m sure the linux geeks already knew about this Linux version. To me however it was new. Is it a good thing they release a linux distro where people learn more about “hacking”?

With all of those things ‘wrong’, surely it must violate many of M$'s patents! >:-D

You mean that Krosoft actually has pending patents for security threats?

Thinking of it, it might actually be the case, as Krosoft imposes its standards to every oem, and why not also to security software editors: a real money business for the latters…

Now, stating that Linux (and Mac, it is somehow the same thing) should be safe intrinsically or because of their low market share is another, still not fully answered, question.

I did this before, I put linux slackware on my friends computer (I told him, this is the simplest linux to learn). He was in for a surprise >:-D :o He gave up in frustration, so as a nice person I am, I put in ubuntu instead. :smiley:

Wow! thank you for this i may do this to my friends who think im a geek but they will realize that my geekness is good when they pick up that phone to call me! ;D (:CLP) (:NRD)