Recognizer v1.7.0.42 for Comodo Internet Security v10 (RC)

Hi All,
Y’day we released recognizers v1.7.0.38 for CCAV.

We would like to make same live in CIS, before we do that, we have made these available on test server as RC and would like you to try in CIS.

Steps to test:

Step - 1: Ensure you have either v6223 or above of CIS installed
Step - 2:
Either
Modify host file with following entries:

91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com
91.209.196.83 www.download.comodo.com

OR

alternately you can also add 91.209.196.83 entry as shown in enclosed snap ‘Using_Beta_Server_In_CIS.png’ under “Advanced Settings → General Settings → Updates → Proxy and Host Settings” link.

Step - 3: Run updater from CIS interface and you should see new recognizer as shown in enclosed snap CIS_Recognizer_v1.7.0.42.png under “About → VirusScope Details”.

Step - 4: From “Settings → Advanced Protection → VirusScope” please deselect “Monitor only the applications in the container” checkbox, this will ensure all processes are watched and will be good test for stability.

Step - 6: Run your popular applications and watch out if you see any abnormal CPU / RAM usage, if you do, feedback is appreciated with system details and active applications.

On top of previously released recognizers, following are additional malware families covered:

[ol]- TrojWare.Win32.Downloader.Banload.~CXAD

• TrojWare.Win32.Downloader.Banload.~CXAE
  • Worm.Win32.Prolaco.~C
  • TrojWare.Win32.Injector.~DLSS
  • TrojWare.MSIL.Spy.Omaneat.~BLR
  • Trojware.Win32.Merond.~AA
  • TrojWare.Win32.Ransom.Petya.D
  • Cerber[/ol]

Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

Downloaded and installed . . . . Will let you know of anything

I’ve used every application I can think of, uninstalled CIS, CCAV, ISE and reinstalled them; visited most sites (good and bad), downloaded latest updates to Windows, most major applications, (including Office 365) and every non-running AV that I have. . . Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D and SUPERAntiSpyware

Also used it with Diskeeper and Perfect Disk running - because I could!

CIS and the Recognizer acted perfectly, with no errors or problems at all

(Win10 Pro x 64 Version 1703 (Build 15063.483)

Thanks for checking out Ploget.
We shall release in production tomorrow i.e. 25th, Jul.

Hi,
v1.7.0.42 of Recognizer has been released in production.

Thanks
-umesh