Recognizer Fails to Download - Invalid Signature

Comodo Antivirus is failing to update to a the new version. Initially it checks the signatures and reports signatures are up to date. But it then fails to download the Recognizers. It then downloads some of the update files, but then fails with the message “Invalide Signature”. It is updating the virus database normally, but it can’t seem to update the program. Using Comodo on Windows XP.

Unfortunately Windows XP is not supported and hasn’t been for some time: System Requirements

According to the Comodo website, Comodo DOES work with WindowsXP. There are several places on the Comodo website that recommend Comodo for XP. See for example:

Also, I have been using Comodo for several years on our XP machine, with no problems. The “Invalid Signature” issue only came up within the past week.

It does not matter what the website says as it is not properly maintained or updated with correct information, CIS does not work on xp or vista as those OS’s do not support sha2 code signing certificates. CIS v.12.0.0.6882 and above does not support Windows XP or Vista, period.

May I know whether Comodo Anti-virus free version still works on Windows Vista? Recent when I updated Comodo Anti-virus free version on my notebook, recognizers updates always failed with “invalid signature”.

No it doesn’t. Nothing from Version 6882 supports Vista: System Requirements

But the information at Downloading, Installation and Activation, Internet Security Software Installation Process is on Comodo Internet Security, rather than on Comodo Anti-virus free version.

It worked fine for updating Comodo Anti-virus free version on my Windows Vista notebook until a few days ago in that recognizers updates always failed with “invalid signature”.

No it refers to all CIS whether you have the firewall installed or not, the help pages are for all CIS related products hence why only 1 help section to cover all instead of three different help pages for the same thing. CIS v.12.0.0.6882 and above does not support Windows XP or Vista, period.