Real time scanner not working??!!

Hi

I’m back since a while ago. I use to report bugs and I’m part of the COMODO Malware research group since a while now. My credibility should be fine.

So, I downloaded a few malware files to show my friends in Fbook how much garbage is out there. I’m using COMODO Dragon as web browser and when I downloaded the file CAV did not prompt me. So I thought it was a missing def in CAV database. I go the folder and click over the file…still no warning. When I right click the file and select SCAN WITH COMODO AV…guess what?? It recognized the file as malware. Is this how it is supposed to work?? I remember almost a year ago I reported this same issue.

My PC is running Win 7 (official, not patched or cracked) 32 bits. I have MBAM installed but not running at the time. No other security apps. 3GB RAM, Pentium Dual-Core 1.73Ghz
Attached some pics…
thx

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is supposed to work like that. Comodo does not have an Internet Shield. It will alert when a malware tries to access the disk or memory. That is a deliberate choice and keeps the AV light on resources.

So I thought it was a missing def in CAV database. I go the folder and click over the file...still no warning.
It always worked like that.
When I right click the file and select SCAN WITH COMODO AV....guess what?? It recognized the file as malware. Is this how it is supposed to work?? I remember almost a year ago I reported this same issue.

My PC is running Win 7 (official, not patched or cracked) 32 bits. I have MBAM installed but not running at the time. No other security apps. 3GB RAM, Pentium Dual-Core 1.73Ghz
Attached some pics…
thx

I tried with 4.0 (Win 7) and 3.14 (Vista) and it behaves like you describe. I guess it is how CIS is meant to work.