Re: Bug in the boot CIS system does not load.

Thank you for reporting this. Please reinstall by following the advice I give in this topic. This approach is much more likely to solve an issue like this than a normal uninstall and reinstall, or even a single uninstall with the assistance with a third-party tool.

Thus, please follow the steps in that topic to reinstall CIS on your computer. Then let me know if you continue to experience this issue or not. I understand that it may take a while to verify if the issue is still happening, but once you believe it is either fixed or not fixed please do let me know.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Chiron decided not believe, because the CIS 7 installed on the computers of some friends and realized that it occurs only as I said is not often.
I have another computer in my parents’ house and had also noticed this problem.

Still, I have seen many situations like this where reinstalling it by following those methods (and not importing an old configuration) has been able to solve the problem. Please do try reinstalling on your computer so I can rule out many possibilities entirely.

Thanks.

ok

Was reinstalling able to solve this?

Apparently not. But so far it only happened once after being reinstalled, the frequency of occurrence of it is very low. Prior months was reached without this error happen.

Okay, I just want to be clear about one thing. During the reinstall you booted into Safe Mode and ran both removal tools from Safe Mode. Is this correct?

I followed the steps in this item A.

Okay. During the boots when this is a problem, do the other CIS processes load correctly? Does the problem seem to be specific to CISTray?

Thanks.

Yes seems to be related to this service (for you bad load or not loading for her) but I can not say for sure that is solely related to it.
Other information I can provide you is that when the error occurs if I click on the icon of CIS on desktop it opens normally and processes as Gadgets CIS and the CIS icon next to the clock will appear.

Okay, please download KillSwitch through CIS. Then create a shortcut for it on your desktop. The KillSwitch executable should be found in the Comodo Internet Folder after downloading through CIS.

Then, the next time CISTray does not load correctly, open KillSwitch through this shortcut. Then right-click on each of the Comodo processes which are loaded and select to Create a Full Dump. Then, once you have made the necessary dumps put them in a zip file, upload them to a file sharing site (such as this one), and paste the download links in your reply.

I also edited your first post. Let me know if everything still seems correct.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

It seems that everything is right. The problem is that until the bug appears novamante may take and so I can end up taking to send what you asked me.

That’s fine. I’ll wait two days, and if the issue does not happen again such that you can make the requested dump files I will temporarily move this report to the Incomplete Issue Reports section so it can wait until you are able to make them. Does that sound okay to you?

Thanks.

Okay

Hello,
I managed to do the steps. Below I leave the link to the files of the error that you have requested. I also took a photo of the work area with the message of the error.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you. I have added that inormation to the first post.

However, I am confused. It looks to me like you made a Full Dump of CisTray.exe. However, my understanding was that the bug here is that CisTray sometimes does not load during startup. Thus, if it did not load how did you make a dump of it?

Please explain as I am confused.

Thanks.

I think the problem may be related to that service but not sure. I may be completely wrong.
My suspicion came when that service is properly loaded the service appears below it (CIS.exe). But when it is not loaded correctly this service will not appear (CIS.exe).
I leave a picture of what I said.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the clarification. I have edited the first post. Please look over it very carefully and let me know if the issue is not properly captured.

Thank you.

okay, I be all right.
thanks.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.