Randomly Corrupt Executable Files With Size Over 50 MBs After Copy 2 Ext. HDD

I think there is a bug in Antivirus Engine on scanning executable files with size over than 50 megabytes(~ I guess).Every time I install
Comodo Antivirus, I have some corrupt installation packages that I copied to external HDD.Not all files but randomly happens.
The problem is when you copy files to external HDD.I didn’t experience this issue when using Avast Free.
The last 2 corrupt files I remember:
Avast Installation Package ~ 80 MB
Active Inspire Installation Package ~ 180 MB
2 files are .Exe.
Anyone has experienced same issue??

Since the default is to not scan files larger then 40 MBs I don’t see how this could be a problem of Comodo AV. Are you sure the external is reliable?

[Set new maximum file size limit to 40 MB] is not checked in Antivrius Settings Section and [Decompress exe,jar files to scan] is checked.The external drive is ok.This issue occurs only when I use Comodo AV.

Can you make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Let us know if that changes things or not.

Ok.I uninstalled CIS and then did your instructions for some security softwares that I had in the past.I also uninstalled Malwarebyte Antimalware Free and Super Antispyware Free,Then I installed CIS again.Wait for a while to see what happens.

Keep us posted.

Hi again Eric.Does network block zone work for you?? For me,it works for Home zone but not working for Public.Public zone is Wireless Router connection.

Happened again.This time for COMODO Installer Package on external HDD.
Only thing I can relate to the issue is Option For Decompress and scan Jar and Exe Archives in Realtime settings.
I disabled it to see what happens.
May disabling this option cause lack of security??