Random BSOD [289]

The bug/issue

1. What you did: nothing special
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: BSOD
  3. What you expected to happen or see: no BSOD
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: installed newest MB-Network and -Sound drivers.
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?: -
  6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link: -
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: BSOD occurs randomly when comodo firewall is running.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Problem occurs since i am using a new attached Wireless device ( Netgear WNA1100 (newest drivers installed(USB Device))), my guess is it has something to do with it.

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: -
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list: attached in rar
  3. A CIS config report or file: attached in rar
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: attached in rar

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: newest Comodo Firewall Version
  2. Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4, if so have you tried reinstalling?: cant remember, no
  3. Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS, if so have U tried a preset config?: -
  4. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level: both on Training-Mode, no Sandbox activated
  5. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7, 64 bits, Standard UAC setting, Administrator
  6. Other security and utility software running: AvastAntivirus, ShrewSoft VPN
  7. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): -

[b]EDIT:

• I am using the ShrewSoft VPN client to connect to my University´s W-Lan.
  • The big memorydump is refering to the inspect.sys file which is connected to Comodo, the minidump is refering to the tcpip.sys file, i have no idea which one is right please help …
    -The included minidump file was automatically created by Windows without me having it activated in the system settings, now its activated i will add the newest minidump after the next crash occurs.[/b]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Excellent bug report. Much appreciated.

Moving to format verified & adding to Bugzilla.

Best wishes

Mouse

I´ve now uploaded the newest minidump file, also i am using a 64bit Win7 in case i havent mentioned that yet :).

Otso

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks we appreciate it

I’ve edited for you.

Best wishes

Mouse