Qusetion regarding Packets Log

Hi guys.I’m a little confused again.I have 4 rules in Global Rules:

1-Block And Log ICMP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where ICMP Message Is Any
2-Block And Log IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is ICMPv6
3-Block And Log IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is IGMP
4-Block And Log IP In From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

When I have rules 1,2;I have the ICMP blocked packets entry in firewall events log.If I delete rules 1,2;I have no log entry for ICMP blocked packets.
My question:
Is the ICMP a subset of IP?If yes why there is no entry in events log according rule 4?
If no when I have no rule for ICMP blocking,why the ICMP is allowed??
Also for IGMP packets,If I delete rule 3 I have no log entry and IGMP is allowed??
I expected that when I have a rule for IP it will include all packets such as ICMP,IGMP,…

[attachment deleted by admin]

Is the ICMP a subset of IP?If yes why there is no entry in events log according rule 4? If no when I have no rule for ICMP blocking,why the ICMP is allowed??

IP (Internet Protocol) is a discreet protocol in it’s own right, however, when creating rules in CIS, it can also be used to describe ANY of the available protocols.

When you create a rule using ‘IP’ providing you specify either ‘All’ or ICMP, ICMP will be blocked and logged, assuming you don’t have a rule at a higher level that allows the traffic.

Also for IGMP packets,If I delete rule 3 I have no log entry and IGMP is allowed?? I expected that when I have a rule for IP it will include all packets such as ICMP,IGMP,...

The same approach for applies for IGMP as described above.

By this rule only:
Block And Log IP In From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any
ICMP will be blocked and logged or not?

As I said, they will be blocked.

[attachment deleted by admin]