Quick Scan Stuck

A few days ago, I updated my Comodo 2012 Internet Security to the 2013 trial version.

When the initial scan tries to run, it get’s stuck after about 10 seconds scanning ‘127.0.0.1’. It will continue saying it is scanning this entry for eternity. I can pause the scan, but any attempts to stop the quick scan or otherwise right click and end it in the task manager fails. It says “terminating…” for hours on end.

I saw in a thread that uninstallling and reinstalling fixed this problem. I tried that and it did not work.

Also, my Geek Buddy will not open now either, so not sure what is wrong with that.

I was really looking forward to using the new 2013 version, but it simply will not work.

Help?

Try running diagnostics.

Click the help icon, support, then choose diagnostics

Diagnostics did not find any problems.

Also, I was able to run a full scan without issues. This only effects the quick scan.

Please try reinstalling CIS by following the advice I give in this topic. Be sure to run the removal programs as it’s possible that this is caused by left over remnants which are conflicting with the scan.

Please let us know if this works or not.

Thanks.

I have the same problem.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nlwsjq.jpg

and I reinstall CIS maybe a hundred time .evry time I uninstalled CIs another tool and another tool…revo…ccleaner…etc…but problem was not solve…my scan stopped “Free Download Manager” (I use this download manager because…) and diagnostic not found any problem he says everything OKAY. ??? ??? but full scan works without any problem…I opened this topic in Turkish forum Im aTurk like Melih :wink: sorry for my bad english dear forum members

Did you try reinstalling it by following my methods? If not please give them a try.

If that still doesn’t work then I believe the best thing to do would be to make a bug report for this in this section of the forum. Be sure to follow the format provided in this post.

Also, see if perhaps just excluding the file allows the scan to complete.

thanks for reply
If I will not send the bug report (because I haven’t got enough knowledge about computer) Can I get protectiun of Comodo İS completely without quickscan? I mean realtime protection? you got my point Chiron?

Most likely you can still get full protection, but I can’t guarantee that unless I completely understand what the bug is.

By the way, in terms of submitting a bug report, if you’re not sure what’s required for each step you can fill in as much as you know and then ask for assistance. We will be happy to help you through figuring out how to fill in the rest of the bug report.

Thanks.

If I will contact with a geekbuddy .Can they create a bug report?

I don’t know.

I reinstall my computer to factory settings then first of all I installed Comodo and it is running without any error ;D I hope I never see this error again

Reading the topic I am wondering if may be running checkdisk could have helped here? I know it’s after the fact of a clean Windows install but I couldn’t help but wonder…

I wonder about it. it must be bug I think ? lots of user complain about that?