Questions....rules for p2p, D+ on bitorrent and registry protection [RESOLVED]

I have few question that is bothering me…
Im using comodo firewall here…
what is the rule for using frostwire and bittorrent to work nicely in my comp…
i had view some post but im confused because some said that every p2p has different rules while others said that it has same rules in configuring every p2p…

my second question is D+ is very sensitive…
when i installed some softwares especially bittorrent it showed many pop ups…
not only when i installed it but also when i first used it…
the pop ups said it is accessing the protected COM apps,protected registry,and it is trying to access the internet…
im a bit confused becuase if i accept the changes made by some programs will it cause security flaws to my system?
will it mess my computer if i accept the changes made by some programs?
if i turn off the D+ i know that my computer will be vulnerable to changes caused by malware…
what should i do?.. :THNK

The third and the last question…
cfolderan i add the whole registry and main file s of softwares intalled on my computer to the protected apps and protected registry? do i have to add them one by one,every files in a folder or i have to add the main folder so that all files in the main folder will be added also…

First of all when you install something put Comodo in install mode found in the main GUI. Secondly if your doing P2P you should run the stealth port wizard and select the option for P2P. I use Frostwire and have it set as trusted in the firewall and D+.

Also when you install something something and get a D+ pop up all you do is simply click updater/installer then you will see a box to switch Comodo into install mode.

I does not answer all of my questions…
i need the exact answers… :-\

Since P2P programs use a specific port, I think a good general rule is:

allow \ TCP/UDP \ out \ any \ any \ any \ any
allow \ TCP/UDP \ in \ any \ any \ any \ [port]
block & log \IP \ in/out \ any \ any \ any

About your 3rd question, I just think you should leave the default settings as they are and not add anything!

Well excuse me.You do need to add programs or folders for protection.

frostwire uses a specific port but bittorrent…for security reasons i randomize the port of bittorrent every time it starts…how can i create a rule for this?

its ok…
i learned some hint… :THNK

Read here. Dont randomize your port for bitorrent. You may need to port forward your router\modem.

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorial_for_utorrent_with_comodo_firewall_3-t15677.0.html

I have no router thats why i use a software firewall…
creating a rule for a p2p program is only neccesary when you cannot use the p2p program because of a network problem right? or i need to create a p2p rule in comodo every time im using a p2p program?

you can try this http://torrent-source.net/?p=102

Moderator trick: I moved this post from a redirection post (now deleted) that ryklon posted in an other section.

LA

There are several posts in here about mantra and how it got it to work. I have a hardware firewall so it was easy for me. Ask mantra.

all og my questions are not yet answered…
it is very unclear to me what to do with this problems…
but im still waiting for the satisfying answers… :THNK

I gave you advice. Sorry if you refuse to listen.

If you don’t want pop ups while installing something simply use “install mode”.

[ at ] Vettetech: I have listened to ur advices…
but its just that not all of my questions are answered yet…

u had said that forward my p2p port to a modem or router…
but i dont have any router(hardware firewall) and im relying on software firewalls to build a strong defense against online threats…

i used installation mode when im installing new softwares…and it is ok…
but my question does not only ends on installing…
please read my first post…

Ok to shorten this please answer this last 3 questions…
may i politely ask if someone answers this questions…just answer it one by one to make it more clear to me…or just simply quote each of the questions then answer it…

does creating a rule on a p2p is only needed when the p2p client cannot access the net(has a problem) or i should create a rule even the p2p client can access the net??(has no problem)

when i finished installing a software comodo D+ is alerting me that the program i installed is accessing the protected registry settings,protected application,service control manager etc…if i allow this changes made by the program will it mess my computer or not? is it ok to trust an application to access the protected registry settings and the other protected components??

If i add an application a registry and a com interfaces on the protected registry,protected,applications and protected com interfaces…should i add the whole folder or the whole registry root or should i add them one by one,every file and every single registry…my point is if i add the main folder will the files and subfolders inside the main folder will be protected also?

If you by “mess” mean harming your system in some way, then the answer is: it depends on the program. It’s completely normal though, that different kinds of programs make those things. If you can trust the application or not doesn’t really depend on the application’s actions, it rather depends on where you got the application from. There are many trusted applications that do access things protected by CFP, so don’t worry. Rather worry if it’s a completely unknown little program that tries to access protected keys and files!

LA

In that link I sent you there is articles about setting up P2P with Comodo when you dont have a router. I said you may have to port forward your router but how was I suppose to know you didnt have one. That uTorrent sticky should tell you everything you need to know. I also told you about asking mantra. If your installing something trusted like a game or something there is nothing wrong with allowing it to do what it wants.

I just install Avast the other night and when the installer was done I started getting D+ alerts which I aloud. If I didnt allow them then Avast would not work. Also honestly speaking you should get a good router. They are your best defense against in bounds and are very cheap.