Questions about COMODO AV

Hi everyone :wink:

I just installed COMODO AV and have some questions:

1. Where is the sandbox and how can I view what’s in the sandbox and how can I clean out the sandbox?

2. How does COMODO AV compare with other leading AV’s?

3. Can I install a new program in the COMODO Sandbox and will that new installation program 100% remain in the COMODO sandbox and not write anything to my Windows Vista registry and not save anything outside of the COMODO sandbox? Does COMODO sandbox create an imitation windows registry where new installations write to?

Cheers.

Heya Lisa

1. Where is the sandbox and how can I view what's in the sandbox and how can I clean out the sandbox?
Good Question!: To View The Help Resource Please Visit the Following Link: [url=http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-284-2979-The-Sandbox---An-Introduction.html]The Sandbox - An Introduction[/url]

Simple:
To View Whats Running in the Sandbox: CIS/CFW/CAV > Defense+ > View Active Process List > Right Click Any Item > “Show Sandboxed Only”
To Manually Run a Program in the Sandbox: CIS/CFW/CAV > Defense+ > Run a Program in the Sandbox
To Set a Program to Run Automatically in the Sandbox: CIS/CFW/CAV > Defense+ > Computer Security Policy > Always Sandbox Tab > Add

Sandbox File/Folder Location: %systemdrive%\VritualRoot
This is a Hidden/System Folder thus you’ll need to enable “Show Hidden Files and Folders” and Disable “Hide Protected OS files”

Sandbox Registry Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\VritualRoot
Sandbox Registry Configuration Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\COMODO\Firewall Pro\Configurations[i](Config Number)[/i]\HIPS\Sandbox

2. How does COMODO AV compare with other leading AV's?
CAV is certainly hanging in there, Currently wieghing in at 13318178 Signatures in the database.
3. Can I install a new program in the COMODO Sandbox and will that new installation program 100% remain in the COMODO sandbox and not write anything to my Windows Vista registry and not save anything outside of the COMODO sandbox? Does COMODO sandbox create an imitation windows registry where new installations write to?
Yes; Please Note, Some Programs Will Need Less(er) Restriction Policies in order to function as Comodo's Sandbox is Powerful but yet Easily Configurable. Please See Above for File/Folder/Registry Location(s)

Hope this helps
Jake

Also please have a look at the Sandbox FAQ here