question about recovering 1 partition

My HD has 2 partitions (C&D). When I installed CTM I only checked partition C to be backed up. Now, my question is: if I want to restore my system, will partition D be wiped out or will it be untouched after restoring?

I also have a problem with CIS after installation of CTM in that a red circle appears on the taskbar icon of CIS and I have to exit CIS and relaunch it for the red circle to disappear!

my system is xp sp3.

untouched.

I also have a problem with CIS after installation of CTM in that a red circle appears on the taskbar icon of CIS and I have to exit CIS and relaunch it for the red circle to disappear! my system is xp sp3.
I cannot reproduce it. Could you? How?

Thanks

Thanks jinYao for your reply.

the problem could be reproduced by the order of installation which make me suspect some conflict between CIS and CTM; if I install CTM after CIS I get that red circle on the lower side of CIS icon(in the taskbar) after first or second boot and, as I mentioned previously, have to shutdown CIS and relaunch. However, if I install CIS after CTM the problem disappears but will reappear again if I reset baseline backup.

Here are my CTM settings. I also set CTM service to manual instead of automatic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi, zen
sorry, i have tried that for several times but it still cannot reproduce.
could you pls post a screen shot of the “red circle”.

Thanks.

Thanks again jinYao for your reply.

here’s a screenshot of CIS icon:

All I had to do to reproduce this, is reset baseline in CTM —>boot—>reboot. To resolve the issue temporarily, exit CIS and re-open. To resolve it permanently, I had to uninstall CIS and re-install it.

[attachment deleted by admin]