question about firewall

my question is, is the firewall allways on … because i cant see any icon between the clock. like in zone alarm? when i click on the comodo shortcut on desktop then it will come between the clock… its fostrating to allways click on the shortcut… any help? and it wuold be nice if somebody could explain in easyway and easy language because not english talking :smiley:

You should have an icon in the systray, without the need to access the desktop shortcut. You may want to make sure you have a startup entry for CFP.exe. Go to Start/Run and type “msconfig” (without quotations). Open the Startup tab and look for CFP.exe; it needs to have a check in the box next to it so that it will run at startup.

Aside from that, the systray icon is only for the user-interface of the firewall; not the core of the firewall itself. The core of the firewall will be active from the time you boot the computer. You may verify this by going to Start/Run and typing “devmgmt.msc” (without quotations). Go to View/Show Hidden Devices. Then scroll down to Non-Plug & Play Drivers. There should be two entries for Comodo firewall there; as long as they do not have a yellow “!” or red “X” next to them, they are operating normally and all is well with the firewall core.

LM