Question about exclude folders

Hi!

I create a backup -copy with deleting other than source files- from, for example, D: to external HD E: and comodo BU works good. After backup all files are the same from D to E.

But it’s possible to exclude a folder in HD E: during backup?
If yes how?

Thank u!
Ciao!

Hi RoksVempire

If you go to edit your backup click on the “source” tab and “edit item”. You will then see an “exclude folders” button. click this and you can enter the folder or folders you wish to exclude.

John

Hi John,

yes I know it but this is valid only for source…if I have a folder in destination that I don’t want to delete how can I do? Example:

Source > folder1, folder2, folder2, folder3, folder4
Destination > folder1, folder2, folder2, folder3, folder4, folderX

With copy with deleting other than source files folderX will be delete!
I want to exclude it…is it possible?

In the example you’ve given, source folders 1, 2, 3 and 4 are copied to the destination device folders 1, 2, 3 and 4 and the the source folders 1, 2 ,3 and 4 are deleted. Folder X isn’t touched or deleted as it isn’t a source folder.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Ok now it’s ok, I must put every folders but if I put source as E: and destination as F: folderX will be deleted because this folder is only in F:

Only solution is create a backup with single folder:
E:/folder1
E:/folder2
E:/folder3
E:/folder4
ecc.

If I’ve 2000 folders? It’s too long…

Hi RoksVempire

“Copy with deleting other than source files” will only delete the files in the folder of the same name it will not delete other folders in the destination that have different names than the source.

John