Question about "clean uninstall/reinstall"...

For those who have completely “uninstalled” an earlier version of Comodo Personal Firewal in order to do a “clean installation” of a newer version…did you have to provide your email address AGAIN (a second time), in order to download the NEW version? Or could you skip that and just enter the original numbers you were sent via email? And if you had to enter it again, were you provided with a NEW “order number” and “activation code” via email? I’m just wondering if the order number and activation code are tied to the email address specifically, or if they are generated randomly and a download of a “new version” will present a new order number and activation code as well, etc.

the system treats it as a new application for license, hence asks for your email address.
original number u entered might be timed out by now.
everything you will be provided will have a new order number etc. just go ahead and use that new license key for activation.

Melih

Hi Melih!
I’ve posted this elsewhere, but here seems like the most appropriate place because it directly addresses this problem.

I’ve had two ongoing issues with CPF. The first, and most important, is that, after 3 months, I’m still receiving the activation error with the long minus number. I’m not getting any help on that one and have posted that elsewhere on the forum. The second, which may or may not be related to the first, is that whenever I try to request a new activation code via the website (when I click the Submit button), instead of receiving a confirmation page and a subsequent email containing the code, I get the “Page not found…” page. This has been happening for several months also (just like the activation error popup!).

Has Tech Support, or anyone else for that matter, found a solution, or at least a reason, for this “Page not found…” issue?

Any light you can shed on these issues would be so greatly appreciated, Melih!

Thanks in advance…

Clem

I asked our support guys to take a look at it.
it seems strange and we dont’ have anyone else with this kind of issue to my knowledge (though I could be wrong).

So based on the assumption that there is no one else with this problem, its most likely to be an issue caused by some stuff in your computer. Eg: other securit software, or some other software messing your settings when you install/uninstall it etc. Try to install a new browser (like opera or firefox) to see if that helps (just in case IE has been messed up etc).

Melih

Hi,

Have you raised this directly with the support team?

If you haven’t already done so, please raise a support request with them at:
http://support.comodo.com

If you have raised a support request please PM/IM me with the support ticket number.

PLEASE NOTE: The forum is where people help each other, the support team do monitor the forums, but in order to provide the best level of support to our customers we need requests for assistance from our technical support team in one place.

Hello,
i would like to say that i have the exact same problem with CLEM when trying to activate the personal firewall… It seems that there is a problem that probably has a general solution.

i][i][i]"Hi Melih!
I’ve posted this elsewhere, but here seems like the most appropriate place because it directly addresses this problem.

I’ve had two ongoing issues with CPF. The first, and most important, is that, after 3 months, I’m still receiving the activation error with the long minus number. I’m not getting any help on that one and have posted that elsewhere on the forum. The second, which may or may not be related to the first, is that whenever I try to request a new activation code via the website (when I click the Submit button), instead of receiving a confirmation page and a subsequent email containing the code, I get the “Page not found…” page. This has been happening for several months also (just like the activation error popup!).

Has Tech Support, or anyone else for that matter, found a solution, or at least a reason, for this “Page not found…” issue?

Any light you can shed on these issues would be so greatly appreciated, Melih!

Thanks in advance…

Clem[[/i]

Then I strongly recommend that you follow Garry’s advice (post directly above yours). Contact the official support team, raise a ticket & get the problem sorted. If you’ve already raised a ticket & not had a response yet, then send a Personal Message (PM) directly to Garry & he’ll find out what is happening for you.