Question about a weird file left after uninstall

Hello,
I have a question about a file left in my C:\ directory after uninstall. I put comodo on a rather slower machine than my current and it was just too much for it, so i had to uninstall and go with a smaller firewall. But after uninstalling it left a file called boot.ini.comodofirewall in C:\ directory. What should i do? doesn’t look like a file i should delete, but i would like to restore my computer back the way it was before install. any suggestions on the matter? all replies appreciated, Thanks! (R)

boot.ini.comodofirewall is a backup that is created during the CPF install if the user selects to activate DEP protection. Since you are removing CPF, and the CPF install doesn’t actually change anything, you can simply delete this file.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. Out of curiousity, why are you uninstalling CPF?

Thank you for the quick reply. I have deleted the file now, and installed jetico back on this PC. I uninstalled it from this certain computer because its old and slow and comodo just really is too much for it. But i still use Comodo on my newer machines. Thinking about putting it on a laptop that i connect to hotspots alot of the time, but i wasn’t too sure about how secure comodo was with WIFI hotspots, and im not too good at creating new rules for stuff like that. Thanks again!

If you install CPF and set up a trusted zone for your wireless adaptor, it will set up eight default rules that are more than sufficient for hotspot browsing.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile: