Quarrentined items still shows up in scan

Recently I did a scan on my Macbook ■■■ windows 7 system because a java browser game (would ring a bell to some :wink: ) character I played got hacked. So I wanna make sure if there’s a keylogger lurking ard in the corner that I don’t remember trying to get :stuck_out_tongue:

In the end, I found it and to my surprise, the malware IS related to Java items… so that got me thinking.

Anyways cut to the chase, I quarrentined those items in comodo and so I did another 2nd scan just to make sure everythings fine after using windows 7 normally, trying to recreate the situation. In the end, the viruses that’s in the quarrentine showed up again. So my question is, should I ignore them or is the virus still active even when I have quarrentined it?

Circle 1 is the 2nd result, items in quarrentine showing up. Circle 2 is the 1st result.
(Dun worry bout the PDF, i did some research, they said it’s a false positive. It’s on my Mac partition hence the different drive letter)

(Image too small? Open it in a new tab/copy image URL)

Other than that, can an experienced person tell me what does the Java malware do? Is it even harmless? If so, does it keylogs?

Thanks O0

No, if it is an actual virus, it can’t do any harm while quarantined.

You can submit the files yourself at VirusTotal and see what all the scanners there think of the files.

It appears that either it wasn’t actually quarantined the first time or there is other undetected malware that is downloading this.

Try following the advice I give here and let us know what you find. By the way you don’t have to use LivePC Support if you don’t want.

I would like to add that it is odd that CIS scans its quarantine folders. The CIS installation folders are by default excluded by the AV. Did you remove the CIS installation folders from the exclusions list.

Whoops! My apologies! I mixed up the Circle 1 and Circle 2… this is what I meant to say:
Circle 1 is the 2nd result, items in quarrentine showing up. Circle 2 is the 1st result.
Which made more sense coz the 2nd result (1st circle) would show scanned quarrentined items.

I would like to add that it is odd that CIS scans its quarantine folders. The CIS installation folders are by default excluded by the AV. Did you remove the CIS installation folders from the exclusions list.

That’s why I wondered. Usually it will exclude its own folder and I don’t remember removing them from the exclusion list. i guess it was a mistake… but looking at the results, comodo did move the infected files, means that folder should genuinely be the quarrentine folder. Means I’ll put them in the exclude list and just to make sure, see whether there are any other “quarrentine” folders in the list already.

And thanks for the links, I’ll try to upload the file to the online multi scanners and see what it shows.

I hadn’t noticed that it was scanning the quarantine folder the second time around.

I don’t see a problem then as nothing new was found.

@Codomo Soap
You must have removed the quarantine folder from the AV exclusions. You should exclude the Comodo Internet Security folder from scans.

Alright, thanks for the clarification guys. I’ll see what I can do with the quarrentine folder.