Put link to User Manual in COMODO Start Menu group

Please put a link to the User Manual in the Start Menu group (folder) for COMODO Internet Security, so Help can be accessed without having to start the GUI.

Thanks for listening and for CIS!
John

Wouldn’t hurt at all, I voted yes. :SMLR

LA

Vote yes too. It may help people, but (I’m sad to say) I usually forget to look in the help file when I have a problem. :-[

I prefer looking for help files within the program. rarely look for them elsewhere. I voted ‘No’

Why would you vote “no”? ???
Aren’t more options good as long as they don’t cause problems?
Do you think it would be a problem? If so, what kind of problem?

John

You can do this youself, by adding a shortcut to the Start Menu entry for CIS with the following properties;

“C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.chm”

Ewen :slight_smile:

Agree, it only adds a KB and it’s the most simple thing in the world.

Newbies won’t do that, I think. :wink:

LA

My preference has always been to look for the help files within the program’s Help menu. I have only one (group of) programs(s) that I access the help file by other means: Nero8 (even those files I created a desktop link to access).
I don’t think it would be a problem, I just prefer to locate the associated help files within the program that I wish the help with.
I rarely will go through the Start menu looking for help files (especially if those help files are further down the alphabetical list).
personal preference, that is all.The poll asked should a link be created within the Start menu group. If the developers wish to place one there, that is fine, but it is not where I would look for one, and not even consider looking for one unless I knew one existed there (of which I would probably create another desktop link - I hate cluttered desktops).
You asked.

Hey, thanks for pointing that out, I wouldn’t have known otherwise! 88)

John

Sorry about that.

John

IMHO, newbies wouldn’t expect to find help for application X anywhere else but within application X.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I couldn’t tell, as I don’t remember how I thought when I was a newbie myself. :smiley:

LA