Push 2 TV blocked by Firewall

I’m trying to set-up Netgear “Push 2 TV” on my in-laws laptop. If I disable the firewall it works. If the firewall is enabled it won’t connect. There are no log entries and no balloons (alert settings set to “Very High”, balloons are enabled). I have set all - I think - related applications under “Network Security Policy” to “Trusted Application”. Stumped at this point.

CIS: 5.0.163652.1142

Thank you,

What is Netgear’s Push 2 TV exactly? Is it a media center that can be connected to on the local network? Is it a program that runs on the local computer or both? Please be as extensive as possible.

I’m not sure of all the details - it’s been a while since I worked with it. Basically it is just a wireless video connection between the laptop and the TV. It uses a Netgear box to bridge the wireless connection to the HDMI on the TV. It uses “Intel wireless display” on the laptop and - I think there may have been some Netgear software - although I’m not sure since my in-laws had attempted to set it up before I got to it. There was a set-up disk, but it may have been just for network set-up, they lost it so I don’t know what it installed.

Here is a link:

Thank you,

DJL

Hey and Welcome Amorak!

If you haven’t added the file in the network security Policy then do so. This how you add a file in Netwok secutity policy CIS —> Firewall —> Network Security Policy —> Add —> Select —> Browse… Now search for the wanted file.

I hope this will help to solve your problem.

Regards,
Valentin

You most likely need to make your local network a trusted zone.

First look up your IP address and subnet mask. In Windows go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → ipconfig → enter → now lookup your IP address and subnet mask.

Second create a zone in My Network Zones (Firewall → Network Security policy). Choose Add → A New Network Zone → fill in a name like My local network → Apply. Now select My Local Network Zone → Add → A new address → choose An IP Address Mask → fill in your local IP something like 192.168.1.x usually and your subnet mask; usually 255.255.255.0 → Apply. Now check and see the new network defined. Exit using Apply.

Now we are going to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your local network a trusted network:
Choose “Define a new trusted network and stealth my ports to EVERYONE else” → Next → choose “I would like to trust an existing My Network Zone” → choose your local network zone from the drop down box at the bottom → Finish.

Now check your Global Rules and see your network added.