Purge/remove not working for Trusted/Unrecognized File lists

Hi,

Using CIS 8.1.0.4426 here. I’m having a problem with the “Purge” and “Remove” functions in the Advanced Settings/File Rating section.

Specifically, when working with either the Trusted Files or Unrecognized Files lists, the “Purge” function does not permanently purge invalid entries. I can select “Purge” and get a list of dozens of items which no longer exist on my system, then click OK, and the items in question do disappear from the list. I click OK again to close Advanced Settings. . But the next time I open either list, those same items have returned!

Just out of curiosity, I tried selecting one of the files and clicking “Remove” instead. But again, while the item disappears from the list, if I click OK to close Advanced Settings, then reopen it and check the Trusted Files list again, the item has returned.

This also happens with VALID entries, e.g. files which do exist in the specified locations.

How can I fix this? Is there some way to erase the database of Trusted/Unrecognized files? Would uninstalling/reinstalling CIS do it, or would I have to manually delete some files in Windows Explorer?

I am having the exact same problem. Been using Comodo over the last decade and never seen this problem before. Hopefully, somebody has an answer.

I had the same problem with 8 files from $recycle.bin. The purge function didn’t work, registry edit didn’t work as well. The only way to get rid of these files is to open the sqlite database file (cisdata.sdb) and to delete them in the table PendingFiles. I don’t post an instruction because I won’t be responsible for crashing apps due to corrupt db-files.

It would be nice if Comodo Support could fix the purge problem because Comodo starts pretty much faster when there are no unnecessary searches for now defunct files.

Cheers!

Go here and vote if you want the purge action be retored https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/can-you-restore-the-ability-to-purge-now-deleted-files-from-the-file-database-t110646.0.html;msg806236#msg806236