“Purge” function purge the existed application(s) in Sandbox window.
A. The bug/issue
The following step is just a case to reproduce the issue:
- What you did:
- Addvaced setting ~ Security Setting ~ Defense+ ~ Sandbox;
- Add Internet Explorer iexpore.exe into the sandbox list;
- Click the “Purge” button in this sandbox window;
What actually happened or you actually saw: The COMODO Purge window popups, if you click OK, the iexplore.exe item was purged.
What you expected to happen or see: Because the file C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe is existing, so it should not be purged.
How you tried to fix it & what happened: N/A
If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: N/A
Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): N/A
Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: YES. See the step 1 above.
Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): N/A.
B. Files appended.
0. A diagnostics report file (Click ‘?’ in top right of main GUI) Required for all issues): Attached
- Screenshots of the 6.0 Killswitch Process Tab (see Advanced tasks ~ Watch Activity) or 5.x Active process list. If accessible, required for all issues: Attached
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Attached
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: N/A
- A CIS config report or file: N/A
- Crash or freeze dump file: N/A
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version. Attached
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:COMODO Internet Security 6.0.264710.2708; 15103; COMODO - Proactive Security;
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: N/A
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): NO
- Defense+, BB, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Enabled (safe mode), BB= Enabled (partially limited), Firewall = Enabled (safe mode), AV = realtime scan enabled
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7 SP1 32-bit
- Other security and utility software currently installed: NO
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: NO
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): NO
[attachment deleted by admin]