Proxy Configuration Problems [M2179]

Hello everyone,
I have, I think, found a bug in CIS free version 10.0.0.6092.
I decided to set the proxy server for download to 127.0.0.1:4001 so the downloads would go through Jondo for a while, but then later I decided to set it back to normal (no proxy), but CIS insisted on using 127.0.0.1:4001 for all communications. I have even tried removing, or changing registry values in HKLM\SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Options\Proxy , but still CIS is having trouble connecting to the original servers.
I thought about reporting it.
Thank you
Also is there a way to reset comodo proxy settings so it works normally again?

While it would be appreciated that you use the required bug report format, I have taken the liberty to submit the issue to the Mod tracker as it was easy to test. Thanks for reporting the issue.

In the mean time as a temporary fix, you should reinstall CIS, though I know that may not be practical but that may be the only way to correct it. Note that I wouldn’t backup your configuration either as that might bring the issue back. Sorry for the inconvenience that may cause.

Thank you for reporting the issue. And I am sorry if I did not follow the standards of reporting bugs.

Also, I fixed the issue by removing ‘ProxyPort’, ‘ProxyServer’, ‘UseProxy’ Values in HKLM\SOFTWARE\COMODO\CIS\Options\Proxy, and then restarting the system. But I am in no way sure if this is safe or recommended at all.

No problem. It looks like you can clear the host and port fields in the proxy settings window then reboot instead of going into the registry to do the same. But yeah its not ever recommended to change settings using the registry. I have made note of this finding thanks again.

Moving to resolved as this should be fixed with Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209. If you still experience this issue please make a reply or PM a board moderator thanks.

Hi everyone.

Thank you Comodo team for all your really hard work. Unfortunately it seems I still can not lookup inside the sandbox. It doesn’t work.

Sorry wrong reply. I thought I was replying to a different thread.