Protecting Windows shared folder with CFW

Hello there!
I’m looking for a tip about how to properly set CFW in order to make the software to protect one or more shared folder on a windows 10 client.
What I want to do is to block any attempt from unrecognized or malicious software to modify the files in there. I’m aware of the HIPS features for protecting folders, but how this protection works if a malicious software is executed on another client in the network and it starts encrypting the files on the mapped shared folder(s)?

Thank you for any help

This was raised recently as a possible bug: Mapped Drive Protection . . . . no comeback as yet

Thank you a lot for reply and for the info

Setting up read-only files or read-only folders with HIPS doesn’t work either unfortunately.

Yes, and that wouldn’t also be a real solution, as those files must be writable by authorized users.
For now, I’m using a third-party product to watch over those folders, but would be nice to know if in future we can use CFW/CIS to guard network folders by unwanted modifications

I agree.

Allow me to add:
… and to guard local files/folders by unwanted modifications.

Stop spreading lies, HIPS does in fact protect both local and remote files/folder from unwanted modifications by non-trusted rated applications, to protect even from trusted applications, HIPS paranoid mode or specific HIPS rules must be set to block the specified file/folder. Why is it so hard for you to understand this?

CIS can protect network folders, all you need to do is add the network shared path to protected objects > protected files.

Thank you for answer
Yes i know about Protected objects and folders, but the scenario I have is:

• A windows 10 pc used as fileserver. On this pc it’s installed CFW
  • Four windows 10 clients with 3 mapped network folders on that fileserver
  • Those folders on the fileserver are already in the HIPS–protected folders, so are locally protected

What I wanted to ask is: If one of the clients runs a malicious software (a ransomware for example), this ransomware can encrypt files also in the mapped drive on the fileserver, even if those folders are “protected folders” under HIPS? My doubt it’s this one, because I know HIPS would protect local folders, but what about a network attack, performed by a malicious software executed on another system in the same network?

Sorry if I didn’t explained well previously