Protected interface Windows Sockets Interface ?

Hello,Everyone

Can someone please tell me, why I get this here —> Mozilla Corporation is is about to access the protected interface Windows Sockets Interface. Whenever I run Firefox? Is the above anything I should allow to run, or do I have a problem going on.

I’m using CIS ver 3, firewall without the Anti-Virus this only happens when I run Firefox I’ve gotten to the point that I’m not sure if I should be running firefox anymore.

Thank you

I hope this Attachment I’ve added here helps. :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

It means in layman’s terms that FF is preparing to connect to the internet. Since we trust FF, and I assume you downloaded it from a reputable site, you can safely allow this.

Hello,EricJH

First let me thank you for taking the time to help me, with this problem. May I ask please which option should I choose here :-[ Would it be Allow + Remember my answer ? Or do I use something under say Treat this application as. Sorry I’m new too all this.

Once again thank you for you’re time with this.

You can choose Allow+Remember. We actually want FF to connect to the web. Don’t we?:wink:

Hi,EricJH

That we do ;D I just started using Comodo I have to say this is a great firewall! Everyone has done a great job here, and the forums are just as great :wink: Many thanks for you’re help with this problem.