protect the browser

the user should be able to configure cis to ask and or prevent if certain programs try to add things like extensions to certain browsers and or certain programs try to modify certain settings in the browser.

fore example windows recently released an update for win 7 that was listed as either recommended or optional and my mom installed it out of ignorance and then wondered why there was this weird toolbar in her firefox. it was the bing bar which comes with some other useless stuff if i remember correctly. so i had to uninstall it but the plugin still was listed in firefox after the uninstall so i had to find out where it was located and manually remove it to fully get rid of it. i use to team viewer to maintain her computer from time to time and configure comodo to fit her needs. if comodo had this feature that could have been prevented. but where this feature really shines is preventing greyware and malware from modifying or adding things to browsers. the user should be able to tell cis to ask for some things and prevent for others without asking. if created to sections below. one is for asking for user permission the other is for preventing things from happening without user interaction

MODEL ask if blank tries adding blank or changing blank in blank browsers

EXAMPLE ask if anything tries adding anything or changing anything in all browsers

ask if:

all

microsoft updates

potentially unwanted programs

unknown programs

unsafe programs

(tick the ones you don’t want allowed to modify browsers without your permission)

tries adding:

any

plugins

extensions

about:config entries

search providers

bookmarks

rss feeds

(tick the things you don’t want added without your permission)

or changing:

any

home page

proxy settings

(tick the things you don’t want changed without your permission)

in these browsers:

any

IE

firefox

pale moon

chrome

comodo dragon

iron

chrome plus

opera

safari

maxthon

epic browser

lunascape

netscape

k-melon

etc. let cis detect the browsers installed so it shows only those browsers as options

(tick the browsers you don’t want modified without your permission)

MODEL prevent blank from adding blank or changing blank in blank browsers

EXAMPLE prevent anything from adding anything or changing anything in all browsers

prevent:

all

microsoft updates

potentially unwanted programs

unknown programs

unsafe programs

(tick the ones you don’t want allowed to modify browsers)

tries adding:

any

plugins

extensions

search providers