Spotted programs that aren’t running at the moment being showed in Comodo’s “Active Process List”, which aren’t shown in either Task Manager or Sysinternals Process Explorer. This happens mostly with IE and FF, plus a few others.
- What you did: Display Comodo GUI > Defense+ > View Active Process List
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Saw entries for IE, FF, and other program that weren’t running at the time (compared to Sysinternals Process Explorer & Task Manager). [see screenshot below]
- What you expected to happen or see: only the applications that are really running at the time and not previously
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Don’t think this can be fixed on my end.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: n/a
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: n/a
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Happens all the time.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): Your guess is as good as mine as why this is happening.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Attached
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: n/a
- A CIS config report or file. n/a
- Crash or freeze dump file: n/a
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.4.189068.1354 x64; 8594; COMODO - Internet Security
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Safe Mode , Sandbox= on , Firewall = Custom , AV = Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7; n/a; 64bit; Default; Admin
- Other security and utility software installed: Microsoft Security Essentials (but disabled unless needed)
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): n/a
NOTE: When the screenshots were taken, IE was NOT running at all.
[attachment deleted by admin]