Program won't run; might it be Comodo stopping it? [RESOLVED]

Hi,

I have just installed Open Office version 2.4.1 on my Windows XP Pro SP2 machine but find that none of its modules will run. Clicking on any of them gives the message “Access is denied”. I have also installed it, using the same downloaded installation file on another computer and it runs fine. The only difference between the two computers is that CFP is on one (the one where Open Office will not run) and the other has a different firewall.

I am relatively new to CFP and would be grateful if someone could tell me how to find out if the modules have been blocked by CFP. When I installed Open Office, CFP didn’t ask the usual questions that it does when I install new software; also, it has crashed a couple of times recently so I am wondering if I have a problem with CFP. I have version 3.0.25.378

Did you get an alert from Comodo? What do your logs say?

Hi Vettetech

No, I didn’t get an alert from Comodo and I haven’t any logs. When I discovered that, I clicked on “Miscellaneous” and then “Diagnostics” and Comodo said that there was a problem which it has now fixed. I suppose that the absence of logs might have been due to the problem that “Diagnostics” found.

As I mentioned in my original post, Comodo has crashed several times since I updated it to the current version. I sent all versions of cndagent.zip that were produced to cfpbugs@comodo.com but I don’t know what the outcome was

Well when ever you have a problem with any software its best to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software. To do a complete uninstall of Comodo I use Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode and when Comodo says reboot don’t and click no. Then click next on Revo and delete the left over regsitry and program entries it finds then reboot. use CCleaner registry cleaner and then download and install a new version of Comodo.

Thanks for the info Vettetech. Unfortunately it is a “question of out of the frying pan into the fire” now because Revo Uninstaller hung in the middle of uninstalling Comodo so although the Comodo icon has gone from the Uninstaller’s window Comodo is still on the system so that when I try a new install it tells me that it is already installed.back to the drawing board!

Try safe mode and read here.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/full_removal_of_comodo_firewall_pro_3_with_safesurf_toolbar_if_regular_uninstall_method_fails-t17220.0.html

Hi again.

I deleted Comodo manually following the link that you gave and all is well now. It seems that it was Comodo stopping Open Office from running because it now runs OK. It is very odd because there were no messages of any kind from Comodo when I installed Open Office.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Chris

This thread is now closed.

If you need this thread re-opened, Please PM any online Moderator.