Program registration process (Backup)

I have been searching for a simple-to-use Firewall for my children. I wanted to block out ALL IP’s EXCEPT a custom list. I use to use AtGuard but with XP that was not an option any longer. I Just tried Kerio but found that it disabled Hibernation on my new notebook. I Just found yours and am testing it now. It appears to work with XP fine and allows me to do what I needed. (The new version of Kerio by Sunbelt, no longer can handle this request at all).

My only question left requires the “registration” which this program does while installing. I have already had the experience of installing programs which required online connections to register with the company. Is it possible to backup this registration data?

How do I backup this registration or is it something that can actually be skipped?

Also, regarding your Anti-Virus program. Is it possible to download the updates so that they can be applied to a computer which is NOT online?

Hi Scotchman, welcome to the forums.

CFPs registration process is automatic (included in the set-up EXE) & is for life. No back-up is required.

CAVS? I would not recommend running CAVS on a system that is used by children, since CAVS is a Beta & may require some technical knowledge to resolve issues (not for kids… rated 18). :slight_smile:

[i]CFPs registration process is automatic (included in the set-up EXE)[/i]

What if I am installing it on a network of computers which are not online. In order to limit access to certain things between the computers. I used to do this very thing with AT-Guard. But AG will not run on XP. But AG had no registration process. I guess the easiest way to phrase this is how do I install this on a computer which does NOT have internet access. Don’t even think about WHY. Other than the above limited local network it has been VERY useful in protecting it. If only I can install CFW without internet.

(I was asked by Comodo to ask in the forum incase others want to do the same)

CAVS? I would not recommend running CAVS on a system that is used by children, since CAVS is a Beta & may require some technical knowledge to resolve issues (not for kids.. rated 18). :)

I am in charge of setting up and installing. I currently use AVG and will only switch if there is a place to download the definitions for offline install. It prevents kinds from loading anything viral on the basement computer. I would switch to CASV if I can do the same.