Processes created by clkng any of the options CIS not from parent cis [M1239]

1. The full product and its version:
Comodo internet security 8.0.332922.4281

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows seven service pack 1 (64).
I have virtualbox installed but do not use comodo internet security in the virtual machine.

3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
COMODO - Proactive security
Antivirus - high heuristic
firewall - safe mode - Alert level: very high
HIPS - Active - safe mode

4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
No

5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
Shadow defender

6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1 I installed comodo internet security, rebooted the PC and to save the settings mentioned in teceiro questioning;
2 Sometimes, but not always. By accessing the advanced options of the program starts at the level of kernel
3 When the advanced settings starts the kernel level, you can lock the GUI comodo internet security

7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
1 started the advanced options of the CIS, while adding in some filter web sites (not necessarily the cause) and try to click OK to save, you can not click.

1. started the killswitch, to see what could have caused the error, I saw that the process was created cis.exe open the kernel level on the process “Wininit”

8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
As with previous versions, the processes created by clicking on any one program option should be open about one of the files from CIS (cistray, cis), not on application the system.

NOTE: This problem may come from the stable version, but had not seen for this fact.

Link dump: http://www.mediafire.com/download/344magj69f26wf8/dump+cistray.rar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Interesting, so sometimes cis.exe starts under CisTray and sometimes not under a Comodo process at all.

I’m not really sure why this would be, but I will submit it to the devs so they can investigate. However, before I do there is one more piece of information which would likely be helpful. Please use KillSwitch to make a Full Dump of the cis.exe process both when it is run under CisTray and when it is not. Then put these in a zip file, upload them to a file sharing site, and include a download link. That should be helpful for the devs to figure out what’s going on.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

When this problem happens again, could you please let our technical supporter remote connect your computer?
The skype: robingt4805
If possible, please add this skype user. Thank you very much

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

The error was fixed! :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent :-TU I will now move this to resolved and update the tracker. If you notice this bug return in the future feel free to comment here or PM me.

Thanks