Problems with uninstallation - V3

Howdy,
I had a very HARD software crash and suddenly the new version of Comodo would neither run or allow me to uninstall it. I did run the uninstaller from ADD/Remove Programs and it claims that the program was not installed (although it was running when I booted this morning before the crash) and lo and behold, I cannot find under “Program Files” a Comodo Directory. Recourse to downloading the standalone installer find that I cannot unzip it because “cannot write” errors. So I am stuck hard. I like Comodo and I would dearly like to clear it off completely and then re-install BUT I CANT. When I try to REINSTALL the installer fails after telling me it has to “Remove the Previous Version”.

PLEASE HELP. THIS COMPUTER IS THE PRIMARY COMPUTER FOR MY RECORDING STUDIO AND I CANNOT RECORD, WRITE, OR GET ANY WORK DONE WHILE THIS IS BROKEN. THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE HERE.

Here in short is MY version of this problem. First of all, when I tried to uninstall the latest Comodo Firewall and clean up my computer after a Hard crash, I first received a message from ADD/REMOVE programs that the “software cannot be found”. After a head scratch, I opened C:\Program Files and lo and behold the “Comodo” directory was nowhere to be found. Then I opened regedit and searched for Comodo, no answer.

Looked under services and found the DLL’s and various service EXE files still listed as running. Looked on the forum and downloaded the “standalone” installer. Cannot unzip it as it apparently “cannot create the bat file” on my desktop. As it stands at this moment I cannot do any work at all. I have a small recording studio and this is the PRIMARY computer. Due to something (apparently in Defense+, I cannot WRITE to my C:\ Drive at all. There is NO VIRUS, There is NO MALWARE and there are no applications on this computer except those with direct use in the studio. I am running Window XP-Pro (SP2) and it is up-to-date as of 5:00 PM yesterday afternoon.

I have never had a problem with Comodo before and I surely need a good firewall to compliment the SPI Firewall in my router. This is a serious emergency. If I cannot work, then I will lose work rapidly and my customers will suffer. I cannot even run my standard BACKUP software and I have had to leave this computer running without protection as the various bits can neithr be found, deactivated, or removed to enable me to re-install the product.

And yes, I have tried all of the various remedies suggested so far.

Tobias Henderson - Blue Wolf Studios

Did you try uninstalling in safe mode (F8 during boot)? What about going back using system restore? What do you mean by a “hard software crash”?-was it Comodo problem or something else?

Tobias,

I’ve brought your two posts together into one spot, so your problem can be addressed in the best possible fashion.

As sded indicated, it would be helpful if you can define “hard crash” for us? What occurred? What were symptoms following the crash? What led you to uninstall CFP? What steps did you take to uninstall? These will help us diagnose what is happening.

LM