Problems with undetected mals ?VMWare issue ?

Please see page 6 here:

A poster there has concerns re BOC ??
Comments?

Thanks.

Once again we see a flawed test, he’s using VM which doesn’t replicate a real world memory environment.
That’s the problem with amateur testing being used as any kind of example.
Anonymous user…
Meh!

Hey ~cat~

I see you have edited the accusatory content of the post: cool. maybe me… :smiley:

That's the problem with amateur testing being used as any kind of example.
Of course I might put it to you that someone running VMware and tracking dll's is no common end user.

I know what vmware is.
I’ll change the topic title to be a bit more directive.

AFAIK this has not been an issue with BOClean before.
While there is no way I could know what that poster has on his set-up ;), it remains an interesting item
You may not be aware that BOC had issues in the past with “kill” routines and I have no doubt that the malcontents are well advanced since then…I was just wondering…

Hopefully The K man will clarify BOC and VM ware and this circumstance.
Regards.

Greetings Five,
Call it what you will, anyone that’s spent anytime over there has seen the same old same old from anonymous posters when BOClean is mentioned. Pfft!
Running VMware is pretty point and click and knowing where a .dll is going to drop isn’t exactly rocket science.

What “has not been an issue with BOClean before.”? The VMware?
That’s something we went through in a test bed I believe around '05 or '06.
There’s no solid information what so ever in the post that I can see… “interesting” isn’t what I’d call it.
;D

SO BOClean will not run in VMWare?
I didn’t know that :-\

Running VMware is pretty point and click and knowing where a .dll is going to drop isn't exactly rocket science.
I keep telling people it's not that hard ;)

Primrose gave that guy some cred.

…fwiw BOC has been on my box since 11/2005…hehhehheh…been on a steep learning curve since then…need more time…to catch up to you all…puff… puff.