Problems with directory structure and naming and registy keys...

When I installed it everything kicked off normally. It asked me where i wanted to install it, so I typed in C:\Program Files\Comodo Internet Security. After ithe nstallation this is what I found.

• installed to C:\Program Files\Comodo Internet Security\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security *

Thought possibly I may have had a brain fart and no cleared the end part there so I did a full uninstall. After reinstalling I ended up with the same result. As a matter of fact the default install puts the installation into C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security.

This is where it gets interesting… do a search for Comodo\Comodo Internet Security in Regedit32 and it’s a complete nightmare. Not one single registy entry pointed to the correct locations of the file references. Took 35 mins of my life I’ll never get back to correct them all.

Lastly… The file on my C:\ that should read VirtualRoot; reads VritualRoot.

Don’t take this as a complaint. I’n fact I’m very impressed, but grammical errors in directory structures, and registy keys are not going to make for a secure anything.

What is your system?
Win7 x64 here, CIS is installed under C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security.

+1 for VritualRoot :slight_smile:

i pretty sure that vritualRoot is not a typo this is how its supposed to be.

It’s not a typo. See this.

Yeah, Egemen said that this folder is misspelled on purpose.

As for the bug with installation path, someone reported it in beta testing stage, here. I guess it might not have been fixed yet ;D.

wow @Vritual ^^;;