Problems with Configuration

Hello,

i’ve installed v3 after i was using v2 for a long time. I configured the network rules similar to v2 and everytime works fine.
But i’ve the problem that some programs (like internet explorer, firefox, windows media player, spybot - search & destroy) can connect to the internet without my permission. Firewall security level is set to custom policy mode. I’ve allready deleted the trusted vendors, but nothing seems to change.

Can you tell me what configuration is necessary that Comodo asks for permission at every program?

Hallo tsc,

Custom Policy Mode disable the whitelist and doesn’t learn safe application automatically.

Custom Policy Mode: The firewall applies ONLY the custom security configurations and network traffic policies specified by the user. New users may want to think of this as the 'Do Not Learn' setting because the firewall will not attempt to learn the behavior of any applications. Nor will it automatically create network traffic rules for those applications. You will receive alerts every time there is a connection attempt by an application - even for applications on the Comodo Safe list (unless, of course, you have specified rules and policies that instruct the firewall to trust the application's connection attempt). If any application tries to make a connection to the outside, the firewall audits all the loaded components and checks each against the list of components already allowed or blocked. If a component is found to be blocked, the entire application is denied internet access and an alert is generated.This setting is advised for experienced firewall users that wish to maximize the visibility and control over traffic in and out of their computer.

You can remove existing rules that allow those app to connects using Firewall Tasks > Advanced > Network Security Policy.

You can increase the number of alerts and the corresponding generated rule details using Firewall Tasks > Advanced > Firewall Behavior Settings >Alert Settings

Today it should be released a Release Candidate 2 of CIS (CFP + Antivirus) in CIS beta corner.

If you already have an antivirus you can choose to not install CIS AV and you’ll get an updated version of CFP.

Programs like IE oder WMP don’t appear in the Network Security Policy. The Alert Setting are correct (Medium). The strange thing is that new installed programs are recognised correct. Programs installed bevor CPF aren’t.

Reinstall didn’t change this situation.

I guess you could try to install CIS RC2 that will be released later on today in CIS beta corner as it provides an updated CFP too.

Ok, i’ll try :wink:

Found a solution: