Problems with COMODO BACKUP

Hello everybody, I’m using COMODO BACKUP 4.07 in 2 machines, I’ve created a script to do FULL backups every friday in a fileserver that I have on my personal network. What happens is that I’m getting this message when I try to execute the scheduled backup manually:

Running scheduled backup X:\DISK_0_FULL.cbu
Anoter disk backup is being perfomed; this instance of backup will have to wait until the running backup is finished.
You can abort the backup if you do not want to wait
Waiting…

It’s stranger because it happens in both machines, with Windows XP and Windows 7 Pro.
Anybody have Any idea?

It seems that another disk backup (silent schedule, service mode backup job or silent script) is running.
To be sure this is the case or not please check task manager when this issue occurs to see if there is another CBU.exe process running.

Did you try to wait a few hours to see what happens?

Thanks

Emanuel, thanks for your prompt answer. I’ve checked and I have just one process running, and yes, I’ve waited 5 hours and tried again but I got the same message.

Can you please post the script or email it to me?

Thanks

Hi Emanuel, follow bellow the script:

/backup_operation /type disk /source disk#1 /backupstepsize 65536 /compressionlevel low /description “Click here to add a description” /destinationtype destinationtypediskfile /destinationpath “\?\X:\Disk_0_full_disk.cbu” /backup_type full /emailnotification /onsuccess /onfailure /smtpserver smtp.gmail.com /port 587 /subject BACKUP - MICRO2 /sender MICRO2 /recipient gustavo@gmailteste.com /emailusername “faleconosco@teste.com” /emailpassword “******” /useSSL 0 /diskusage high /processorusage normal /shutdown

The script looks ok.

I’m not sure what exactly you mean here. Did you schedule the script using Windows Task Scheduler or is the scheduled backup separated from the script?

I forgot to mention here if you have UAC enabled, please click the “Show processes from all users” button.

Thanks

I’ve created a script to do FULL backups every friday in a fileserver that I have on my personal network. What happens is that I’m getting this message when I try to execute the scheduled backup manually:

I’m not sure what exactly you mean here. Did you schedule the script using Windows Task Scheduler or is the scheduled backup separated from the script?

Sorry about that, I was trying to explain that my Comodo Script is configurated to run a full backup every Friday, and when I get the error message “ANOTHER DISK BACKUP IS BEING PERFORMED…”, I’ve tried to run the script manually.

About the UAC, I’ve done this test now and the error message are the same, look the picture at the link, I don’t know what’s wrong?

There isn’t an obvious cause of the issue. Try to stop the SynchronizationService.exe and then COSService.exe (Comodo Backup services)
If this still doesn’t work, try to restart the computer(s).

Thanks

It work’s, the stranger is that I have this problem in different machines (WINDOWS XP and WINDOWS 7)

Thanks
Gustavo

Does it work after stopping one of the services/both or does it work after restart?

Thanks

When I stopped both services.

HI Emanuel, how can I stop the SynchronizationService.exe service on Windows startup? Is it an essencial service to make my backups?

thanks again

The service is not essential for disk backups.
You can go to task manager, stop the SynchronizationService.exe process, then go to \Program Files\Comodo\Common and rename the SynchronizationService.exe file.

Thanks

Before doing this can you try again to reproduce the error and then create a dump file for the SynchronizationService process. You can create the dump file on Windows 7 machine because it’s easier, right click on the process and choose “Create Dump File”, compress the file, then upload it to https://ccloud.com, share it and then post the link here.

This will help us determine the exact cause.

Thanks

Hi Emanuel, follow the link:
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/SynchronizationService.DMP?key=f72439d5-f08d-4bec-a0e1-fe48657ea863

It’s interesting that now I’m not receiving any email from COMODO BACKUP, the error message is (I am using gmail smtp with ssl - and it was working til the last month)
Unable to send notification email because 47

Thanks again
Gustavo

I would like to take a look at the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\ComodoBackup\ScheduleList” registry. Can you please export it using regedit and email it to me or post it here for analysis?

Please collect the logs so we can analyze the issue. Instructions can be found here . Were you using the same 4.0.7.14 version when it was working?

Thanks

Hi Emanuel, I’ve sent it to you right now by email. About the version, I was using the same when it was working (4.0.7.14)

thanks
Gustavo

According to the “ScheduleList” registry key, you have a disk backup schedule job set to run as service mode with missed task action “run it at first chance”. This might be causing the issue with another disk backup in progress. To avoid the problem you could use other type of “run as” or “missed task action”, then the synchronization service will not cause problems.

The error 47 seems to be caused by an internal issue with Synchronization Service and emailing. If don’t use run as “service mode” it should be ok.

Thanks

Hi Emanuel, I’ve made the changes and now it works right!

thanks for your help and patience

Gustavo